What's new

AiCloud and double NAT on Fios.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bdee1

New Around Here
I have Fios internet and an RTN66U and I just updated my firmware so I now have the AiCloud Features. I love the idea of begin able to plug in a flash drive and have it cloud enabled.

The trouble is that I have Fios and they gave me their own router instead of a cable model like other providers. Because of that, I have a double NAT situation. The IP address of my Asus router is 192.168.1.2 which is obviously an internal IP on the fios router.

So when I try to set up the DDNS part of AiCloud, it tells me I have an invalid IP address. I tried to port forward the two AiCloud Ports from the Fios Router to the ASUS router but that didn't seem to help.

Does anybody way know of a way to:
1) enable AiCloud in this situation
2) better yet - set things up differently to eliminate the double NAT alltogether?

Can you, or Fios, put their router in bridge mode? Should solve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great info! I will give that a try this weekend. I found the original post references in the video which can be found here:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19559467-How-To-MI424WR-Network-Bridge-working-FIOS-TV

It looks like the post was from way back in 2007 so hopefully it still applies.

I noticed that one of the other posts in that tread said you could also just get verizon to run Switch from coax to cat5e from the ONT to the router. They said that would be even better solution.

Does anyone know how exactly that would work?

Ok so i finally had a minute to sit down in front of my computer and give this a try and unfortunately none of the options shows are available on my fios router. I think a lot has changes since the firmware version being used in the video and I am not familiar enough with it to figure it out.

The firmware version on my router right now is 40.21.10.2.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this using my firmware?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!