What's new

AiCloud: Samba share folder contents empty only on main drive

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ceejus

Occasional Visitor
Noticing some very bizarre behavior when accessing any shared folder that's on my C drive in AiCloud. While the files in shared folders on my other drives load just fine, any shared folder from my C drive is showing as empty.

It doesn't appear to be a permissions issue; if I click back to the root folder then access the directory again, a small portion of the files periodically appear. Sometimes it's 10+ files, other times it's only 5 or so, but mostly it shows empty.

Is this expected behavior in any circumstance? I can access the folder contents no problem on all other devices; it's only AiCloud that's experiencing this oddity. This has all the makings of a bug but perhaps it's some sort of client side caching issue or some obscure setting on the C drive that needs to be adjusted?

Router is a GT-BE98 Pro on stock firmware 3.0.0.6.102_32882. Yes, I'm aware that there are far better alternatives to AiCloud out there, especially when using Merlin. Will happily switch over if and when Merlin releases firmware for this model. For now, trying to work through some kinks with stock.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!