What's new

Aicloud authentication failure shared folder USB disk my pc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andybrothersg

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I have a problem with aicloud, I have a USB disk connected to the router and I have a shared folder on my desktop PC on a USB hard drive, when I want to access that folder on my hard drive connected to my PC from aicloud I can see it but it asks me for a password, I enter the username and password of my pc and it asks me again for the credentials, if I enter a shared folder on my internal disk I can access it but it only fails with the shared folders on my USB disk on my pc, it remains in a loop where it asks for username and password, what could I do? ,

Hello, I have a problem with aicloud, I have a USB disk connected to the router and I have a shared folder on my desktop PC on a USB hard drive, when I want to access that folder on my hard drive connected to my PC from aicloud I can see it but it asks me for a password, I enter the username and password of my pc and it asks me again for the credentials, if I enter a shared folder on my internal disk I can access it but it only fails with the shared folders on my USB disk on my pc, it remains in a loop where it asks for username and password, what could I do? ,
In fact, the account you use on your computer may be an email, but it is actually another account locally. You can view it in "Computer Management" or in the C:\user\xxx so this xxx is your account name, and the same email password, but I strongly recommend you to create a new one using "Computer Management"

You need to configure a valid access account and password for this folder, right-click it and then properties, go to Advanced Sharing->Permissions->Add->Advanced->Search Now->Choose an existing account. You can add "Everyone" and then use any A valid account to login this folder, It contains xxx, the guest account and any valid new account. If you want it single account to access, don't use "Everyone"

In fact, the account you use on your computer may be an email, but it is actually another account locally. You can view it in "Computer Management" or in the C:\user\xxx so this xxx is your account name, and the same email password, but I strongly recommend you to create a new one using "Computer Management"

You need to configure a valid access account and password for this folder, right-click it and then properties, go to Advanced Sharing->Permissions->Add->Advanced->Search Now->Choose an existing account. You can add "Everyone" and then use any A valid account to login this folder, It contains xxx, the guest account and any valid new account. If you want it single account to access, don't use "Everyone"
Thanks for your help, I had to change my account on my PC from Microsoft to a local account because I had problems with Aicloud by @ sign, I tried leaving "everyone", assign "full control" but the failure continues, I can authenticate my shared folder my pc but the internal disks but my USB disk keeps asking for username and password that's why I don't know what the problem is

Thanks for your help, I had to change my account on my PC from Microsoft to a local account because I had problems with Aicloud by @ sign, I tried leaving "everyone", assign "full control" but the failure continues, I can authenticate my shared folder my pc but the internal disks but my USB disk keeps asking for username and password that's why I don't know what the problem is
Go to local users and groups in computer management, open xxx or other accounts in the user, "Members of" page, add a group, usually use "Users" or the highest authority "Administrators". Your account group disappears, permissions Not enough, this is a guess.

Go to local users and groups in computer management, open xxx or other accounts in the user, "Members of" page, add a group, usually use "Users" or the highest authority "Administrators". Your account group disappears, permissions Not enough, this is a guess.
Hello, I have already verified the user and group permissions and they are correct, I can access my SATA disks but USB connected to my PC continues the credentials loop, I don't know if it is something specific to AICloud since I can access that same USB disk in my android phone and from another pc, I only have the problem with aicloud. maybe @RMerlin know any solution. Thanks

Attachments

• smb1.PNG
    smb1.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 25
  • smb2.png
    smb2.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 19
I have the same problem... one machine on my network, AiCloud asked for the username/pass popup. My at home, on my LAN, everything is 'allow anonymous login' and the shares all work.

I was able to solve this by enabling SMB 1.0 in Windows on the machine that kept asking for user/pass. To enable SMB v1 in Windows 10 or 11, open the Start Menu or the search menu, then type “windows features” and choose Turn Windows features on or off.