What's new

Aimesh or not?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rinobattista

Occasional Visitor
Buongiorno a tutti.
Ho una casa che necessita di più punti wifi.
Il dubbio che ho è questo:
Il router principale è un Asus Rt ax 86u pro; poi come nodi ho preso sei asus xd 6 e ora anche asus rp ax 58.
Il router principale ei vari nodi sono collegati tra loro solo tramite cavo LAN.
Quindi è meglio usare la funzione aimesh o impostare i vari nodi come punti di accesso?
Grazie per l'aiuto.

English only, please.

Good morning everyone.
I have a house that needs more wifi points.
The doubt I have is this:
The main router is an Asus Rt ax 86u pro; then as nodes I took six asus xd 6 and now also asus rp ax 58.
The main router and the various nodes are connected to each other only via LAN cable.
So is it better to use the aimesh function or set the various nodes as access points?
Thanks for your help.

Good morning everyone.
The main router is an Asus Rt ax 86u pro; then as nodes I took six asus xd 6 and now also asus rp ax 58.
The main router and the various nodes are connected to each other only via LAN cable.
So is it better to use the aimesh function or set the various nodes as access points?
Thanks for your help.

Assume 'aimesh function' with wired backhauls is 'better' than discrete, wired APs... and just try it. Don't add more nodes than are required to cover your area... too much WiFi is not helpful. Restrict the 5.0 band to 80MHz max bandwidth until you want to experiment later with using DFS/160MHz bandwidth.

AiMesh guest1 WLANs only will broadcast from all nodes.

OE

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.
Thanks for your help.
How big is the house, and can we assume it has thick solid concrete walls and ceilings?

Supponiamo che la "funzione aimesh" con backhaul cablati sia "migliore" degli AP cablati discreti ... e provalo. Non aggiungere più nodi di quelli necessari per coprire la tua area... troppo WiFi non è utile. Limita la banda 5.0 a una larghezza di banda massima di 80 MHz fino a quando non desideri sperimentare in seguito l'utilizzo della larghezza di banda DFS/160 MHz.

Solo le WLAN AiMesh guest1 trasmetteranno da tutti i nodi.

O.E

Hi, thank you for your help. The house is large, and on two floors, I have to put several aimesh points in order to have good coverage at 5Ghz. Unfortunately the lan cables are sometimes in the room next to each other, I hope they don't cause problems. Meanwhile I deactivated the smart connect.

Where you have the units back to back it may be sensible to see if you can get away with just the single unit, maybe zig-zagging between floors. AiMesh will give you easier handover between nodes, but with the nodes being connected using cables, if you use AP mode you can roll the channel numbers (ie don't have two adjacent APs on the same channel). To a degree, as has already been mentioned it's going to come down to experimentation!

Thanks for your replies...actually, I was so hoping there was an accurate theory to go by. What I would like to understand, before doing all the tests is this, what changes for a device when it passes from one aimesh node to another compared to passing from one AP to another?