What's new

Airtel Dasan h660gm-a

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New Around Here
I have a spare unlocked Dasan h660gm-a from airtel and I'd like to use it as a wifi range extender or a bridge. Any help is appretiated.

Welcome to the forums @guest.

Don't think Bridge or AP mode is possible (has GPON input).

Doesn't seem it has Repeater mode either (from a quick search).

From my limited research, possibly (for your use case).

Wait for others to respond who may know that hardware better.

you can use it as a repeater but you will have to use ethernet port
here are the following steps , 1.log in to router
2.turn of the dhcp of the router that act as repeater ,
3. change the ip address of the router page i.e 192.168.1.1 to some thing 192.168.1.x and remember that to use for router config settings
4.(optional , but recommended) in the main router under dhcp section , there will be something as reserver ip or reserve dhcp, so add the second router ip (192.168.1.x) to list with the routers mac-address to never gat any conflicts
5. now just connect 2 router with ethernet port , and walla , you are up and running

you can use it as bridge , but i am not sure it will work , also the internet light will trun on or not , but in the above method it will not its can be a bypass but works definitely
also the red light will be there as there will be no pon signal , so we can't do anything for that

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!