What's new

TP-Link RE815XE is the best Wi-Fi 6e Extender in 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

I just bought a RE815XE Wi-Fi extender to boost the Wi-Fi throughput across my 2BHK apartment since I already have 2 Netgear routers, it made sense to extend the Wi-Fi using a Wifi extender in Bridge mode.

Earlier I planned to get the Netgear EAX80 which is a Wi-Fi 6 & not a Wi-Fi 6e to complement the Netgear RAXE500 Wi-Fi router, the "e" here makes a HUGE difference if you're in a congested environment with lots of 5 GHZ networks, as it can use a 6 GHz radio, with almost 0 interference.
Wi-Fi 6e is like driving a Sports car on an empty Highway, with no traffic.

Here are the amazing results of using the TP-Link RE815XE extender (Bridge mode) in the bedroom with thick concrete walls in between.

1702658161574.png

Extender (Room) to Netgear RAXE500 router (Hall) (USB Attached to router) File Transfer:

1702661008424.png

I'm quite impressed with Throughput of the Extender with the 6GHZ band in the room. Although a dedicated NAS would have higher speeds.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!