What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 preview builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A, that unmounting did the trick.. thanks!
Alpha2 installed. So far so good.

Now another problem, it says:
* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting.
i'm from the netherlands, +1 is normally the gmt.. i didnt change anything, gmt set as +1 amsterdam?
Holland replying...The discrepency mentioned is your language locale (English). They live one hour in the past :) (as always...)

udpxy for iptv working on 380.60,61 and 62....i tested myself but i do not use it because i have pppoe disconnectivity when udpxy configured...
So you can use address like
Code:
http://address:port/udp/mcast_addr:mport/
in VLC to view IPTV streams? Other commentors saying it's working for them don't seem to be using udpxy specifically.

Hello,
I just made the plunge to RT-AC88U_380.62_alpha1-g3da9726 as I see it contains the latest OpenVPN version 2.3.12. I reside in the Land of Smiles and greatly rely on OpenVPN to give me access to the WWW in the good ol'e US of A. I did a firmware upgrade with no factory reset. Everything is working great so far. I will give an update in a week.

Thank you RMerlin!
-----------------
ASUS RT-AC88U Merlin Build 380.62 alpha1-g3da9726
D-Link 880L DD-WRT 3.0-r29837
pfSense 2.3.2 appliance SG-2220

Everything working great still. Nothing new to report.

Minor bug report aplha2

RT-AC56U allows turning off the LEDs either via a script/cron/Stealth GUI but unable to turn the 5GHz LED back on. Reboot the RT-AC56U and the 5GHz LED is now lit - so I don't believe it is a router hardware issue.

NOTE: RT-AC68U (alpha2) does not exhibit this issue, the 5Ghz LED can be turned OFF/ON correctly.

Thanks, fixed. It's actually an old bug.

I've upgraded from a RT-AC68u to a RT-AC88u (Hw. Version A2), now running 380.62A1 in ap mode.
I'm missing the Tools -> Other Settings page with the Tweaks and Hacks Settings. Tried nvram reset with no luck.

I just checked, and the Tools -> Other Settings page is available in AP mode for me.

look here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration
Just checking mine you have right !! 6+10 is lower and 6+2 is upper.

The current display is correct. l/u denotes whether the channel is at the lower or the upper end of the band. Here's a quote of the documentation regarding this (and especially the examples at the end):

/* Definitions for D11AC capable Chanspec type */

/* Chanspec ASCII representation with 802.11ac capability:
* [<band> 'g'] <channel> ['/'<bandwidth> [<ctl-sideband>]['/'<1st80channel>'-'<2nd80channel>]]
* <band>:
* (optional) 2, 3, 4, 5 for 2.4GHz, 3GHz, 4GHz, and 5GHz respectively.
* Default value is 2g if channel <= 14, otherwise 5g.
* <channel>:
* channel number of the 5MHz, 10MHz, 20MHz channel,
* or primary channel of 40MHz, 80MHz, 160MHz, or 80+80MHz channel.
* <bandwidth>:
* (optional) 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, or 80+80. Default value is 20.
* <primary-sideband>:
* (only for 2.4GHz band 40MHz) U for upper sideband primary, L for lower.
* For 2.4GHz band 40MHz channels, the same primary channel may be the
* upper sideband for one 40MHz channel, and the lower sideband for an
* overlapping 40MHz channel. The U/L disambiguates which 40MHz channel
* is being specified.
* For 40MHz in the 5GHz band and all channel bandwidths greater than
* 40MHz, the U/L specificaion is not allowed since the channels are
* non-overlapping and the primary sub-band is derived from its
* position in the wide bandwidth channel.
* <1st80Channel>:
* <2nd80Channel>:
* Required for 80+80, otherwise not allowed.
* Specifies the center channel of the first and second 80MHz band.
* In its simplest form, it is a 20MHz channel number, with the implied band
* of 2.4GHz if channel number <= 14, and 5GHz otherwise.
* To allow for backward compatibility with scripts, the old form for
* 40MHz channels is also allowed: <channel><ctl-sideband>
* <channel>:
* primary channel of 40MHz, channel <= 14 is 2GHz, otherwise 5GHz
* <ctl-sideband>:
* "U" for upper, "L" for lower (or lower case "u" "l")
* 5 GHz Examples:
* Chanspec BW Center Ch Channel Range Primary Ch
* 5g8 20MHz 8 - -
* 52 20MHz 52 - -
* 52/40 40MHz 54 52-56 52
* 56/40 40MHz 54 52-56 56
* 52/80 80MHz 58 52-64 52
* 56/80 80MHz 58 52-64 56
* 60/80 80MHz 58 52-64 60
* 64/80 80MHz 58 52-64 64
* 52/160 160MHz 50 36-64 52
* 36/160 160MGz 50 36-64 36
* 36/80+80/42-106 80+80MHz 42,106 36-48,100-112 36
* 2 GHz Examples:
* Chanspec BW Center Ch Channel Range Primary Ch
* 2g8 20MHz 8 - -
* 8 20MHz 8 - -
* 6 20MHz 6 - -
* 6/40l 40MHz 8 6-10 6
* 6l 40MHz 8 6-10 6
* 6/40u 40MHz 4 2-6 6
* 6u 40MHz 4 2-6 6
*/

I noticed there is a field named 'undefined' when using namecheap.com DDNS service. When I try to export a OpenVPN configuration, it does not properly truncate the Host Name and the 'undefined' field together. For example,

Host Name = mail
undefined = google.com

truncated name should = mail.google.com but all that appears in the OpenVPN config file is mail

Fixed with this and this.

I'm starting to think that ASUS being slower these days with their GPL releases may not be such a terrible thing. It certainly gives @RMerlin time to fix bugs here and there. My RT-AC56U is very stable these days with these preview builds.

The current display is correct. l/u denotes whether the channel is at the lower or the upper end of the band. Here's a quote of the documentation regarding this (and especially the examples at the end):
Okey seems right. Using Ch6 Lower and 40Mhz is Ch 6+10. (* 6l 40MHz 8 6-10 6)
Settings on Wireless - General => Extension Channel => Above
Differ from System Log => Wireless Log displays 6 lower.

http://imgur.com/a/cx9G3
http://imgur.com/a/YAZvg

cx9G3

fOJmT

cx9G3

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that ASUS being slower these days with their GPL releases may not be such a terrible thing. It certainly gives @RMerlin time to fix bugs here and there. My RT-AC56U is very stable these days with these preview builds.

I'm trying to get one polished build out because I do not know what the future will hold. This could be the last release for some models.

Holland replying...The discrepency mentioned is your language locale (English). They live one hour in the past :) (as always...)
We are on BST in the UK at the moment which is GMT +1, Internet standards prefer to use UTC which is basically the same as GMT. 37% of UK electorate want to be 50 years behind!

I'm trying to get one polished build out because I do not know what the future will hold. This could be the last release for some models.
Surprise for me is that Asus have released new GPL for an old mips AC66U first in the 380.4005 release, I wonder if that's just a bug fix on their behalf in the 380 range?

Surprise for me is that Asus have released new GPL for an old mips AC66U first in the 380.4005 release, I wonder if that's just a bug fix on their behalf in the 380 range?

Mostly security fix, it addresses a XSS vulnerability in the httpd server, in addition to a few minor bugfixes that I can see (mostly related to WAN and IPv6). And I suspect they are also testing the new update procedure put in place to satisfy the FTC (which might be why only the RT-AC66U is updated for now).

I don't want to restart the testing process for 380.62, so I only backported select fixes from 4005, such as the security fix.

Okey seems right. Using Ch6 Lower and 40Mhz is Ch 6+10. (* 6l 40MHz 8 6-10 6)
Settings on Wireless - General => Extension Channel => Above
Differ from System Log => Wireless Log displays 6 lower.

http://imgur.com/a/cx9G3
http://imgur.com/a/YAZvg

cx9G3

fOJmT

cx9G3

The Extension channel in this case is the second channel used, not the primary channel. Therefore the UI is once again correct: using the upper extension channel results in 6+10, which means 6l.

This is sad to hear, I hope that the AC56U can be still maintained as it is so very similar to the AC68U, just with it's own binary blobs. If not, I will be sparse around here as for personal reasons I will not change router in the next 3 years or so.

Okay, but why does i didnt seen this before?
How to remove that message?
Sice upgrading i'm getting that yellow message that tolds me that me timezone is different.. Well, okay? :)

The Extension channel in this case is the second channel used, not the primary channel. Therefore the UI is once again correct: using the upper extension channel results in 6+10, which means 6l.
Okey got it.

Okay, but why does i didnt seen this before?
How to remove that message?
Sice upgrading i'm getting that yellow message that tolds me that me timezone is different.. Well, okay? :)

It means the timezone reported by your browser doesn't match what is configured on the router. Check your computer's timezone.