What's new

amtm - rs - Reboot scheduler ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kernol

Very Senior Member
Oh so clever ;) ... I used this new feature of amtm and set the reboot time for Sunday at 3:00 hrs [forgetting about Skynet's "on the every hour" firewall-save cron job routine]!

The appointed reboot never happened ... I must assume because the Router was "in wife mode" - i.e. too "busy" to respond :D.

I dutifully picked a more "convenient" time - and can confirm my reboot request was complied with :).

She punished me all the same - and didn't dismount my USB stick cleanly :( ... bringing that other "dc" tool into use to do a cleanup! Not out of the woods yet ???

If it cleanly unmounts throug the WebUI Reboot button, the amtm rs should do it too.
If not for both, then good luck finding the cause. Let us know if you do.
There's a dedicated amtm thread btw.

If it cleanly unmounts throug the WebUI Reboot button, the amtm rs should do it too.
If not for both, then good luck finding the cause. Let us know if you do.
There's a dedicated amtm thread btw.

It does indeed cleanly unmount via Webgui Reboot button - you may recall that I started the thread pushing for a fix for the reboot button - which resulted in you releasing Diversion 4.0.7-beta which I successfully tested. I am now running the released version 4.0.7 - and the Webgui Reboot works 100%.

The Reboot scheduler however fails to cleanly unmount the USB.

@thelonelycoder - "There's a dedicated amtm thread btw."
I fully appreciate that there is an amtm thread - however, like most threads on this forum - they grow like Topsy with a multitude of unrelated queries making it difficult to follow any particular aspect of interest. My last post in that thread was this one ...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...erlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-29#post-465958

@thelonelycoder - "If not for both, then good luck finding the cause. Let us know if you do."
Somewhat dismissive? - It's YOUR tool ... I'll simply give that feature a miss until it works properly.

It does indeed cleanly unmount via Webgui Reboot button - you may recall that I started the thread pushing for a fix for the reboot button - which resulted in you releasing Diversion 4.0.7-beta which I successfully tested. I am now running the released version 4.0.7 - and the Webgui Reboot works 100%.

The Reboot scheduler however fails to cleanly unmount the USB.

@thelonelycoder - "There's a dedicated amtm thread btw."
I fully appreciate that there is an amtm thread - however, like most threads on this forum - they grow like Topsy with a multitude of unrelated queries making it difficult to follow any particular aspect of interest. My last post in that thread was this one ...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...erlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-29#post-465958

@thelonelycoder - "If not for both, then good luck finding the cause. Let us know if you do."
Somewhat dismissive? - It's YOUR tool ... I'll simply give that feature a miss until it works properly.
I provide my scripts with their functions in the hope that they work as intended. I do my own tests and if they work on my routers I have reason to believe it should produce the same results on others.
If they don't, then I can either ignore it or look further into it and try to figure out why it's not working on someone elses system.

Honestly, I'm at the stage of acknowledging the outcome of your test but not looking further into it atm.
I have spent a lot of time on this unmount issue and coded functions into my scripts to try fix it (which you confirmed to work).
The reboot scheduler may or may not work for you. I do not know why the routers firmware does not do its own thing right. I would certaily expect a device to do the right thing when issuing the "reboot" command. That includes properly unmounting attached devices.
Hence my somewhat defeatish comment. Don't take it personal, I too get frustrated at times when things don't work as they should.

Last edited:
This makes me a sad Paaaanda :(

That just put a smile on my face while having breakfast in a Hotel in Prague. A customers system stopped working so I came “over” yesterday.
Will be returning home today with a happy client. I will be looking out for that panda.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!