What's new

Anybody able to get NoDogSplash working?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Noodle04

Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to build NoDogSplash on AsusWrt Merlin 384.14. Compile is fine, configuration also ok. But when I start nodogsplash, it complaining that iptables version is too low. It requires 1.4.17, and AsusWrt Merlin using iptables 1.4.15. Manually lower requirement to v1.4.15 cause error like:

iptables v1.4.15: unknown option "--wait"
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Anybody know how can we use feature "--wait" in 1.4.15?

I'm trying to build NoDogSplash on AsusWrt Merlin 384.14. Compile is fine, configuration also ok. But when I start nodogsplash, it complaining that iptables version is too low. It requires 1.4.17, and AsusWrt Merlin using iptables 1.4.15. Manually lower requirement to v1.4.15 cause error like:

iptables v1.4.15: unknown option "--wait"
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Anybody know how can we use feature "--wait" in 1.4.15?
According to the iptables man page

upload_2019-12-15_21-5-11.png

So the directive ensures iptables rules cannot be modified/accessed concurrently.

Seemingly the iptables v1.4.15 created rules are unaffected by the lack of the Mutex/Lock/Semaphore, so I would assume that it should be safe to remove the '--wait' directive, unless the NoDogSplash thread architecture makes it mandatory - but not having reviewed the source code I could be wrong.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!