What's new

GT-AX6000 Merlin 388.2_2 2.4GHz not able to turn off broadcast

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeachGuy

Regular Contributor
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to report a bug but I flashed a new router (GT-AX6000) with Merlin 388.2_2. After following suggestions on flashing and updating properly, I tried to turn off 2.4GHz radio (Wireless: Professional). Clients can still connect however there is no internet. I have it "hidden" through the Wireless: general tab. Concerned that it might be a bug with the firmware. Others have said the router may be bad and return it but before I do that I wanted to get programmer's (RMerlin?) thoughts. Thanks

Ok I did a hard reset and flashed ASUSWRT 3.0.0.6_102_21514. Disabled radio on 2.4GHz and ssid didn't show in clients. Did a hard reset, Flashed Merlin 388.2_2 and disabled radio on 2.4GHz and ssid is not showing in clients. Note to self, always do a hard reset before flashing.

Thanks Tech9 and L&LD!

Last edited:
As noted in the other thread, do a full/proper reset AFTER flashing the firmware you want to use/test.

Before you do the above (and you want to quickly get your router/network back to where it is now):

Screenshots on their own are useless.

Use a text file or create those screenshots as PDFs so you can copy/paste from it to the router.

Reconfiguring isn't a PITA vs. the alternative (unstable/unreliable network). 15 minutes worth of time or so isn't much 'work'.

Screenshots on their own are useless.

Use a text file or create those screenshots as PDFs so you can copy/paste from it to the router.

Reconfiguring isn't a PITA vs. the alternative (unstable/unreliable network). 15 minutes worth of time or so isn't much 'work'.

You're right. A properly configured network is worth it. Just been flashing/configuring for the last few days. I like the idea of PDF, I will do that. Thanks for all your help!

Ok I did a hard reset and flashed ASUSWRT 3.0.0.6_102_21514. Disabled radio on 2.4GHz and ssid didn't show in clients. Did a hard reset, Flashed Merlin 388.2_2 and disabled radio on 2.4GHz and ssid is not showing in clients. Note to self, always do a hard reset before flashing.

Thanks Tech9 and L&LD!

I flashed 3004.388.4_0, then did factory reset with initialize all settings and just noticed that 2.4Ghz is broadcasting again. Is there a particular order this should be done? I can't disable 2.4Ghz radio. I saw the following thread but nobody really answered him.

I found the following on a forum...

disable ssid broadcasting" will disable only the sending of some
information, but the router will still broadcast a radio signal.

I want to turn off the brodacasting completely

About 1/2 way down:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!