What's new

Anyone familiar with the Asus RP-AC56 Range Extender?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chugbug

Occasional Visitor
Hello All! I was hoping I might be able to get some help with this product. I recently purchased and installed one of these yesterday. Other than finding the "Fast. Easy. Setup!" guide lacking (it was missing a few CRUCIAL steps), once I figured it out, I didn't have any issues setting it up. But one major part of the setup I couldn't find was whether I could use more then ONE?

I purchased TWO, assuming I could set them up in different locations in the house (one upstairs, the other in my shop) as I've seen other repeaters used. But I can't find any setup information relating to using multiple units. The boxes were SEALED, so I didn't want to open the second box until I knew for sure whether I could use it (so I can return it if necessary).

But I'm thinking I should be able to use two... Since the RP-AC56 uses a standard GUI panel (similar to the router GUI), I thought maybe I could change some of the settings for the second one so it had different credential. But I couldn't find anything specific that would allow them to be recognized separately on the network, other than their individual IP address. But since they are registered with an IP address in the router, I'm thinking I should be able to access their GUI panels individually via their IP addresses. Then just change the name of one in the router so I can tell them apart there. Wouldn't this work?

2. The other question I had was whether there was any custom MERLIN firmware for it. But apparently there isn't any as it's not on the forums firmware list.

I'm connecting the RP-AC56 Repeater to an Asus RT-AC68U. If you're not familiar with the Repeater, here is a link to it on the Asus website: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RP-AC56/

Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!