What's new

RP-AX58 Disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hydroz23

Occasional Visitor
Recently purchased a RP-AX58 AImesh node to connect to mt GT-AX6000. I am able to add it without any issue and it shows it is connected via 5G and shows great for connection quality. After 45 seconds it shows disconnected and will never reconnect, even after power cycle. It will flash blue rapidly and then go to solid red and then flash blue rapidly and go to red and so on. I can factory reset and do it all over and same results. It does work when wired but that is not an option long term for this one. Asus support was no help at all.

Main router - GT-AX6000
AiMesh 1 - GT-AX6000
AiMesh 2 - RP-AX58

1713206378500.png

1713206398033.png

1 Foot is too close.

How far away is it (and how many/type obstacles in between) when it disconnects?

Did you try different Control Channels on the main router?

1 Foot is too close.

How far away is it (and how many/type obstacles in between) when it disconnects?

Did you try different Control Channels on the main router?
It is 1 foot away right now with not obstacles at all. I only placed it there to test. I have put this in at least 5 different locations around the house to test ranging from 1" foot to 75". The final location will be 4-50'

Yes, 1 foot is too close. Why would you need a wireless backhaul AiMesh node at 1 foot?

Test at acceptable ranges only. Note that depending on your wall/floor construction, 50' and 75' may be too far for a stable connection.

Yes, 1 foot is too close. Why would you need a wireless backhaul AiMesh node at 1 foot?

Test at acceptable ranges only. Note that depending on your wall/floor construction, 50' and 75' may be too far for a stable connection.
I'm not leaving it there, and I obliviously don't need wireless backhaul at 1". Again it was just to test as the other 5 distances made no difference. That is where my server rack with GT-AX6000 so I also plugged in which did work.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!