What's new

Astrill VPN Applet for Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erwinquek

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Anyone using this? Anyone knows the max throughput when running with their RouterPro?

I am using their client on Windows PC. Throughput is good and considering to run it off RT-N66U instead but suspects the throughput will not be as good considering the router's CPU and RAM as compared to PC.

BTW, I have a 300Mbps connection.

I found your post and thought to share my experience. I have RT-AC56U and Astrill applet for Asuswrt-Merlin installed. I am also on 300Mbps.

To the closest, local server using their RouterPro VPN protocol I am getting fairly great speeds of up to 100Mbps. The bottleneck here is CPU. The speeds are however great on their RouterPro protocol considering that OpenVPN protocol gets 20Mbps with CPU being maxed out.

Keep in mind that more distant servers won't be performing that well though. What I do is that I run it on the router for all devices except my desktop computer on which I am running standalone app for better speed performance.