What's new

Asus .370 F/W released today

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I've not had any issues with speed on either band.

However with this release even though I have password protection enabled for my shared hard drive, it does not ask anyone for a password.

Just goes right to any folder/directory on the USB attached drive.

Going back to Merlin's last stable build.

My success with the Linksys/Broadcom AE2500 wireless adapter(s) only lasted 20 hours. 5ghz link speeds are now back to 81 Mbps.......unfortunately.

I'm still pretty new to all this, but I did catch one thing when I flashed .370 (cleared NVRAM first). I've also had the 5 GHz signal issue since the beta; some of my devices have trouble connecting or connect at an absurdly low rate (6 Mbps or so). Others connect just fine at 300 Mbps (or so my Nexus 10 tells me).

Anyway, poking around in the settings, I noticed that the option to use 3G/4G via USB was on by default. I had never touched that setting. After shutting it off, the speed on WES610N bridge, which had been around 6 Mbps on 5 GHz since I upgraded, shot back up to 300 Mbps at 80% signal (or so the bridge's admin page reports). Unfortunately, none of my other devices seem to improve.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I thought I'd pass this along. Try disabling this setting. I'm probably going back to an earlier build until the 5 GHz issue gets fixed.

Cannot see my home shares with VPN connection

Hi, I upgraded to firmware .270 last week and been having a problem with its VPN.
I can connect to my VPN remotely successfully, but I cannot see any of my local lan devices or shares once connected. I cannot ping them neither. I was able to do this on the older 32 bit version of firmware it was on (I think v.148 but cannot remember). Does this newer version .370 have a working VPN?

Or what do I have to configure extra in v.270 firmware to get my VPN to allow seeing all my local network shares? Sorry if this was covered somewhere else before, I searched and could find no thread addressing this exact symptom.

Updated the FW to the latest stable version from Asus, no problems so far ;)

After resetting the device to factory defaults with the .370 firmware and manually reentering the settings to turn it into a simple AP I can no longer connect to the 5GHz band using my MacBookPro 2011. After trying several configuration changes I found out that I had to set the 5GHz to a 20MHz channel width in order to get a connection.

Doing some research I also found that this is a known problem when using Intel Wifi chipsets. But in my case the MBP has a Broadcom Wifi chipset (System Info Wifi: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.17)). Never had such a problem before so I assume there is still something wrong with newest Wifi driver.

Last edited:
The problem is not exclusive to intel wireless cards. My linksys AE2500's have Broadcom chipsets and they don't work well either with the new firmware.

I know there are a couple Asus employees that are on this forum. I'm not sure why they don't post in this thread.

My 2.4 band was creeping to a crawl late in the day and I figured out it was the router and no my ISP.

I had the same issue with the version before .354.

I flashed back to .354, had to reset to default setting and reconfigure before the 2.4 band would consistently give full speed.

Such a bummer when an update breaks stuff. :mad:

Just to be sure I reverted back to .270 stock firmware, did a factory reset and manually set up the device as an AP. No problems whatsoever with the 5 GHz band and my MBP! IMHO the new wireless driver is borked, at least regarding certain clients.

Just to be sure I reverted back to .270 stock firmware, did a factory reset and manually set up the device as an AP. No problems whatsoever with the 5 GHz band and my MBP! IMHO the new wireless driver is borked, at least regarding certain clients.

What connection speed do you get on the 5ghz?

What connection speed do you get on the 5ghz?

450 Mbit/sec.! The MBP is located very near to the AP, so the RSSI is -34. (Setup: WPA2 personal with AES, N-Only, fixed channel (40), 40 MHz channel width, Preamble Type auto, rest is default).

Last edited:
450 Mbit/sec.! The MBP is located very near to the AP, so the RSSI is -34. (Setup: WPA2 personal with AES, N-Only, fixed channel (40), 40 MHz channel width, Preamble Type auto, rest is default).

I get 300 with MBA late 2012 with rssi-48.also located close to the router.i must have interference but I don't know from where...channel is set to auto other than that we have the same settings

My Edimax EW-7733UnD has a Mediatek chip set and won't connect on .354 or .370. I went back to .270 and it connected fine and runs at 450 Mbps. This problem with .354 and .370 has been going on for months with no resolution from Asus. So I'm sticking with Merlin's .270.26b until Asus gets this fixed.

Last edited:
I'm on the latest firmware as well and all my devices connect to the router with no issues.

I have a custom HTPC in the living room connected via USB-N13 adapter.

I have 3 smartphones connected on the 5GHz band (Lumia 822, iPhone 5, Samsung G Note 2).

Girlfriend has a old MacBook connected on the 2.4GHz band. Speeds have been great for the past few days (upgraded to RT-N66U from WRT54GL a few days ago).

Only thing that was disappointing was the ASUS WL-ANT157 and WL-ANT-191 antennas. Saw no difference vs stock.

Asus just sent me a message today and will be releasing a new firmware in about 2 weeks.

For the N66U? Or for the AC66U that most of us don't care about :p

Furthermore, are they finally going to fix the 5GHz frequency?

For the N66U and they messaged me saying they were looking into the 5 Ghz band issue. They told me to stick with .270 for now.

For the N66U? Or for the AC66U that most of us don't care about :p

Furthermore, are they finally going to fix the 5GHz frequency?

What's wrong with the 5GHz band? I'm new here, can someone fill me in?

My 5GHz is working wonderfully without issue, that is, as long as I'm within 30ft.