What's new

Beta Asus GT-AX6000 beta firmware version 9.0.0.6_102_33874 (2024/02/23)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I am getting a reload2024 ransomware attack on 2 particular PCs exactly after every 8 days. We formatted all 5 PCs on the network and they have MS365 and Tally 4.1 and nothing else. Yet those 2 PCs keep on getting ransomware exactly after 8 days. I am stumped. We used 3 antivirus and none of them picked up anything. We don't use any USB drive or anything.

So as a last ditch effort, I downgraded to official firmware of last year and changed our static IP by talking with my ISP.

This ransomware distribution method doesn't care about your router's firmware or WAN IP address. Formatting PCs may not help either. It mostly relies on user error - clicking on specific lure link, opening e-mail attachment, clicking on bogus advertisement, downloading infected torrents, etc. Some programs may be doing it automatically.

Last edited:
This ransomware distribution method doesn't care about your router's firmware or WAN IP address. Formatting PCs may not help either. It mostly relies on user error - clicking on specific lure link, opening e-mail attachment, clicking on bogus advertisement, downloading infected torrents, etc. Some programs may be doing it automatically.
Nothing has been clicked as it is a headless system with no monitor, keyboard mouse.

Any new info regarding this release? I saw the beta version directly in the router's firmware upgrade section (while allowing the beta firmware option) a few weeks ago, but this version has not been listed here for at least a week now. The official product page still refers to 3.0.0.6.102_21514 being the latest version 🤷‍♂️.

ℹ️ Anyway, I'm still using version 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5 as with the current version, I wasn't able to provide a guest network on a separate subnet, while being able to access devices connected to that guest network from the main network. I need this to be able to provide Home Assistant (running on Synology NAS wire-connected to the main network) access to IoT devices on the guest network (but I do not want to allow IoT devices to have access to devices on the main network). This works well on 3.0.0.4 firmware without Guest Pro and VLAN features, but somehow I didn't manage to set it up that way on firmware 3.0.0.6.102_21514 and wasn't pretty convinced to take part in beta testing. Could anybody check whether this is doable with either the current or the beta version, please?

come on asus, give us an official beta, this has been really good, really amazing connectivity, i like this better than the AX11000's i have\

uptime:

50 days 1 hour(s) 52 minute(s) 58 seconds

ASUS hasn't updates the firmware since a year, I have not seen them ever abandon a product like this my ancient RT-AC68U had updates for years.

Didn't use Merlin firmware in years, does it support AiMesh?
Merlin has AiMesh support. AiMesh should be identical between stock and Merlin, if I am remembering things correctly.

I’m guessing one keeps the very ‘intense’ ROG gui theme, and the other has the standard ASUS gui.
Good guess, you are correct.

I’m guessing one keeps the very ‘intense’ ROG gui theme, and the other has the standard ASUS gui.
You're right, I updated to GT-AX6000_3004_388.7_0_rog_nand_squashfs for both my main GT-Ax6000 and the other GT-AX6000 (AiMesh), all settings were preserved, I will do a full reset tomorrow when I have time but for now it works perfectly.

Never seen the jitter go to 0ms before:

2024-05-04_022002.png

Just switched to Merlin.
Can't believe ASUS left (one of its) flagship routers on the backburner. Embarrassing.
Did a factory reset before flashing just in case.
Flashed Merlin.
Factory reset again.
(that dd-wrt muscle memory caution will never leave me. lol).
Set everything up. So far so good.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!