What's new

Asus PCE-AC68 Replacement?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Embattle

Regular Contributor
Any one heard any thing about a replacement or newer version of the adapters that'll support the higher speeds of the ac87 and Ac3200?

No this is the fastest dual band client card from ASUS, maybe if they do a 3 bands client 1300+1300+600 look for IFA2015 in Berlin for more news.

Three stream 802.11ac adapters are hard to come by - The PCE-AC68 and the new D-Link DWA-192 USB adapter are the only ones I'm aware of... Apple did some devices that support 802.11ac in the 3*3:3 config on their Mac Pro, iMac, and Macbook Pro lines, but those are integrated and not drop-in cards if I recall correctly.

I don't think anybody has released a 4*4:4 client adapter yet - so the options there are very limited to media bridges and AP's configured in Bridge mode.

(FWIW - the RT-AC3200 is considered a 3*3:3 device as an AP to a client - essentially AC1900)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!