What's new

ASUS RT-56U firmware question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Crashed

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone,

I bought the Asus RT-56u router a few months ago and so far no issues to report. I am now planning to set it up do to a VPN, and I went to check the firmware updates off Asus's US website, and oddly I'm seeing the latest firmware as 1.0.1.4.

I currently show up having 1.0.1.5. Does anyone else use the same firmware version as me? Is there a reason why Asus backed down to 1.0.1.5? I know I personally updated my firmware the day I received my router.

Anyone with info on this curiosity would be helpful.

Supposedly, users report that it causes the unit to reboot frequently when there is a usb device plugged in. Also, the stability of the 5Ghz was bad. Lots of drop outs.

I guess im glad i didnt download it. I saw it one day for download, and i said "cool new firmware, i'll download that later". i go to download it later on, and it was gone lol.

Cool, good to know, I'll test it out, worse case is I'll drop back down to 1.0.1.4.

Thanks for the info