What's new

ASUS RT-AC56U or TP-Link Archer C7 v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm not sure the V2 is available in the US yet. [….]
The only page I can find for the V2 is in Chinese.
Newegg has a listing for v2. Some reviewers indicate getting a v1 device and needing to return for the correct model, however, there were some confirmations in the reviews.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Newegg has a listing for v2. Some reviewers indicate getting a v1 device and needing to return for the correct model, however, there were some confirmations in the reviews.

I saw the same thing in the reviews on Amazon. The confirmations in the reviews weren't "solid" though.

I didn't want to get into that right now, that sounds like a cluster**** just waiting to happen and I'm pretty sick of those right now :D. If the Linksys doesn't work out, I might try it though.

One of the Newegg reviews is from someone indicating he/she submitted the C7 Aetheros OpenWRT patch.

If I had the Linksys I'd be waiting and see what happens with the OS firmwares. It's going slowly, but it's going. Right now I'm just waiting to see how the AC hardware plays out and not in any immediate rush. For now. ;)

I already made the AC plunge with the R7000 so I've really got no reason to be careful anymore.

If the EA6900 proves to be a bust, I'll probably try the Asus or TP-Link. And if that one proves to be a bust, I'll try the other.

The only mistake I made with the Netgear was not sending it back immediately. Fortunately, Amazon is great to work with and gave me a refund even though it was past 30 days.

I just scoured Amazon (where I will be buying my router due to having a credit) as well as the TP-Link website.

I'm not sure the V2 is available in the US yet. The TP-Link global English website does not list the V2 anywhere. Everything is V1 branded.

The only page I can find for the V2 is in Chinese.

The V2 does indeed have 2.4Ghz externals. Very strange configuration.

p2.jpg

You guys are confusing the Chinese version for the C7 (AKA WDR7500) over the international one. The Chinese one has 6 external antenna, the international one has 3 external and 3 internal. See the introduction in this article: http://www.swiftworld.net/2013/08/14/tp-link-tl-wdr7500-wireless-ac-router-review/

You guys are confusing the Chinese version for the C7 (AKA WDR7500) over the international one. The Chinese one has 6 external antenna, the international one has 3 external and 3 internal. See the introduction in this article: http://www.swiftworld.net/2013/08/14/tp-link-tl-wdr7500-wireless-ac-router-review/

That totally validates the testing in this thread then:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=17236

The V2 international doesn't have any 2.4Ghz external antennas and this particular user says the V2 performs worse than the V1 in his testing.