What's new

Mesh Nodes Orphaning

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rdpuig

New Around Here
Hello!

I've been having a standing issue with my environment - namely RT-AX55 Mesh Nodes. They seem to disconnect and then upon rebooting orphan from the system altogether. The issue being that this has happened so many times now that I've reached the 9 node limit while only having a few nodes active. I've looked into using third party firmware or using SSH to change the count of nodes but the RT-AX55 does not seem to support either of these methods.

Does anyone know a way to flush out the Mesh Nodes, without doing a full factory reset? I have a very complicated network and having to reconfigure everything would be a nightmare and take down the network for employees for too long.

Thanks for any help!

I have a very complicated network... employees...

I'm sorry, but very complicated network for business purpose relying on the cheapest AiMesh compatible home routers one can find doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps you have to think about some more robust, configurable and expandable solution for your business. AiMesh was designed for home use and RT-AX55 is a stripped down version of the budget RT-AX58U V2 model. It can support limited number of connected devices with further reduced limit of active devices.

I'm sorry, but very complicated network for business purpose relying on the cheapest AiMesh compatible home routers one can find doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps you have to think about some more robust, configurable and expandable solution for your business. AiMesh was designed for home use and RT-AX55 is a stripped down version of the budget RT-AX58U V2 model. It can support limited number of connected devices with further reduced limit of active devices.
Works great for our needs otherwise, the only issue is the mesh nodes disappearing. I presume any ASUS mesh node is going to have this same issue.

The ones disappearing always seem to be wireless.

Sound like common wireless AiMesh issue. The problem with budget routers is they usually don't receive frequent firmware updates and some issues may remain unresolved for the life of the product. The most common troubleshooting suggestion you'll get is reboot, reset, reconfigure. When you have enough of it - read post #2 above again.

Thats fair, It does appear to be an issue across multiple Asus Mesh routers. Not necessarily the fault of the individual product line but the internal count of nodes within the core router. I realize that picking a home router with no SSH/Telnet Support has effectively screwed myself.

Unfortunate, but appreciate your time.

How many nodes total we are talking about and do you have any possibility to wire all of them? This may be the solution for you plus AP Mode instead of AiMesh node. If your business is using high power machinery generating broad spectrum RF noise - this may trip your wireless network as well. The issue may be in the environment.

Last edited:
Just a general warehouse. No real heavy machinery in play. But concrete and general interference with pallets.

Only four in deployment and one is wired.

Just a general warehouse.

See this:

Appreciate the link/advice.

Wi-Fi is rock solid, high speeds and great stability. That is the part of the network that are wired APs from IDFs and have had their channels and power output edited.

The only issue I have is a small segment of the building configured with wireless nodes.

I realize that again would not be recommended. 99% of the time it is flawless. Stability and speeds.

But have got myself into a corner with the inability to remove or re-add any new mesh nodes that resulted from trialing out their performance, and long unexpected breaker disconnects causing the routers to get orphaned.

I would explore wire options in this part of the building. Nothing wireless is better than Ethernet connections.