What's new

Looking to choose between ASUS and TP-Link mesh system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yamato2211

New Around Here
Hi all,

I need advice on choosing between the Asus Aimesh and TP-Link Onemesh/Easymesh units for my 3-storey house.

Previously, I was using the AC86U as my Aimesh router and the AX58U as Aimesh node. However, last week, my AC86U stopped working, and I am currently using AX58U as my main router.

In my country, which is in the Asia Pacific region, TP-Link devices are much cheaper compared to Asus. For the same price, I can only buy used Asus wifi devices from Taobao, and they come with no warranty.

Currently I'm thinking about 2 options:

- Option 1: ASUS GT-AX6000/AX86U as Aimesh router + AX58U as aimesh node (currently using) + 2xTUF-AX5400/ 2xAX82U as aimesh node

- Option 2: TP-Link AX80 (new release) as Easymesh/Onemesh router + 3xAX55/ 3xAX73 as Easymesh/Onemesh node.

I really love the easy-to-setup Wireguard Server features and Opennat of ASUS to remote 2 of my PC (different internal IP) from the same port 3389.

I wonder if TP-Link can do the same? Their release info is clouded and there are so much hardware version of the same model.

Much appreciate for any answers :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!