What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51925 (2024/03/29)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lepicane

New Around Here
Just when I thought it was EOL and switched to Merlin....

Version 3.0.0.4.386_51925
66.2 MB
2024/03/29
- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed the ARP poisoning vulnerability. Thanks to the contribution of Xin'an Zhou.
- Fixed code execution in custom OVPN. Thanks to the contrubution of Jacob Baines.
- Fixed the injection vulnerability in AiCloud.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow in lighttpd. Special thanks to Viktor Edstrom.
- Fixed CVE-2023-35720
- Fixed the code execution vulnerability in AiCloud. Thanks to the contribution of chumen77.
- Fixed the XSS and Self-reflected HTML injection vulnerability. Thanks to the contrubution of Redfox Cyber Security.

*Please be advised that due to a security upgrade in AiMesh, we strongly recommend against downgrading to previous firmware versions, as this may lead to connection issues. Should you encounter any difficulties, resetting the AiMesh router to its default settings and re-establishing the mesh connection can resolve the problem.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: f092a5b2a59a2ac6068dc219688d326d26115e97dfc97d64ad1b1cec515788f7

Download

Excellent news for RT-AC86U owners! 👍

1711759603053.jpeg

Rats! Just spoiled 233 days up time!

(At a friends house)

security upgrade in AiMesh

I'm more interested in this AiMesh security upgrade. It's not mentioned in firmware upgrades for other models.

It would be best if you read all the entries, particularly the one which includes the GPL version used.

From the link you quoted:

386.12 (4-Sept-2023)
- UPDATED: Merged with GPL 386_51997.
- UPDATED: curl to 8.1.2.
- UPDATED: OpenVPN to 2.6.6.
- UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1u.
- UPDATED: tor to 0.4.7.13.
- CHANGED: FTP server will now only support strong ciphers
in TLS mode.
- FIXED: QOS Classification showing no Upload data on some
WAN configurations.
- FIXED: Radio temperature graphs weren't updating
- FIXED: nvram usage reported on Sysinfo page was inaccurate
as it included JFFS stored values.

Anyone else having the router not detect this upgrade? I can download the zip file from the Asus web site but the router I manage is on a very s l o w Comcast service and I'm hesitant to try a flash over OpenVPN.

Anyone else having the router not detect this upgrade? I can download the zip file from the Asus web site but the router I manage is on a very s l o w Comcast service and I'm hesitant to try a flash over OpenVPN.
my 86u also not detect this update. I do this manually.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!