What's new

Asus RT-AC68P suddenly dropping 2.4ghz clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tomgru

Occasional Visitor
I've had this router for about a year.... and it's worked great. I 'm several firmware versions back, but haven't upgraded because everything has been so stable.

Today I started noticing an IP camera dropping out a bit. Thought it was the camera, as they can be flakey, then noticed my home automation android tablets were also losing connections consistently. Sonos also dropping out.

I tried uploading a backup I made a month ago, but it didn't seem to help.

Nothing new installed in my house wireless wise... and same for my neighbors.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? I have at least 25 static IPs setup... so upgrading firmware is not super easy for me. Last time I tried, the whole system went down.

HELP!!!! :)

Hello tomgru,

Do you know how to see if someone is doing a Deauth attack on your network? If everything is the same as always maybe someone is trying to break your security! You could use Wifislax/Wifiway to dump some packets and see what is going on... (Im also having issues with an AC68U btw)

I've had this router for about a year.... and it's worked great. I 'm several firmware versions back, but haven't upgraded because everything has been so stable.

First thought here is the AC Adapter - if no other changes, and things turn flaky, esp. on Wireless, the adapter is a prime suspect.

First thought here is the AC Adapter - if no other changes, and things turn flaky, esp. on Wireless, the adapter is a prime suspect.
I guess i could see that, but my 5GHz is fine... so i don't think so.

I just noticed in my settings that "enable DoS protection" was turned off. I switched that on, and things seemed to have improved a bit. Could that be it?

Hey man sorry not to answer!!!!

You need to download and burn WifiSlax/Wifisay (Linux Live-CD with every Wifi Tool needed) then you can use any of the included spectrum analyzer tools. Or you can download Inssider or similar :D

To see your AP Temperatures you need to login into your router and they usually are in the main screen. Do you know how to login or are you using the default configuration?

As in the temp of the AP? not sure where to see that?

If you're using the stock ASUS firmware, you have to Telnet into the router to pull that info. (Search forum for "temperatures" + "telnet" to find instructions).

If you're using Merlin's firmware, you can find it on the Administration --> Performance Tuning page.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!