What's new

[Asus RT-AC68U] 2,4 Ghz low speed problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos Peira

New Around Here
Hi all,

first of all, I have fiber connection of 300 mbps, and in the 5 ghz bands I dont have any problem, I got almost all mbps in the house.

The problem is that I have a laptop that only support 2,4 Ghz band and Wifi N. It seems that this router support 450 mbps in 2,4 ghz, but the max speed that I got was 115 mbps next to the router. Its setup in 40 Mhz and the best band channel (selected with Wifi Analyzer). (Screen of setup)

35aot9f.jpg

Im sure that its a problem in the setup, but dont know how to fix it.

This is the main problem, but I have other less important and its because in the mobile phones( Nexus 4, Lg G3) with Wifi AC support, I dont have the max speed, only 60 mbps in 5 ghz. Anybody knows why?

Thank u so much!

40 MHz width is next to impossible to reliably achieve on the 2.4 GHz due to the high amount of interference on that band.

Also disable universal beamforming support on the Professional page, as some clients don't work too well with it when using 802.11n.

40 MHz width is next to impossible to reliably achieve on the 2.4 GHz due to the high amount of interference on that band.

Also disable universal beamforming support on the Professional page, as some clients don't work too well with it when using 802.11n.
I just try 20 mhz width, the speeds come to 50 mbps, so its no the best option. Thanks

I would also suggest you don't use 'N only' for wireless mode either. 'Auto' works the best.

I would also suggest you don't use 'N only' for wireless mode either. 'Auto' works the best.
Im trying differents channel, modes and width. I reach the max speed (115 mbps) with the setup in the screenshot.

Im gonna try to update the firm tomorrow, could be a solution. Ill tell you tomorrow! Thanks

Try also channel 1, 6 or 11, do you have the latest driver for your internal wifi card on your laptop?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!