What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.583

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, quite possibly the reset to defaults need to be done to get all the benefits of the newest firmware.

You may also have to clear your web cache too to ensure it is not being stored there and fooling the results somehow.

A reset to factory defaults shouldn't have any effect on the improved httpd security model, it's all handled by the web service daemon. Might be that it's not working the same way in all browsers tho (I only tested it in Chrome).

Did the full reset and reentered all my settings. Using IE11 the logout function does now ask for my credentials if I use the back or refresh commands. However, from refresh the logout page stays active after entering my credentials or, use cancel at login and get a 401 error with pink browser page then hit the back button and you are in. From the back command after logout if I hit cancel at the credential screen I am brought to the network map page with a pink frame under system status and a 401 error message but otherwise I am in and free to move around. Looks like they have more work to do.

Not seeing that here (although I still have .573 beta loaded).

loaded beta Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.2239 on the 66u and so far things seem good. Lot of people talking that the .2239 is really working well. My crap out problem could have been the 66u upsetting things. Been on it since Wednesday so a few more days will tell.

ADDED INFO: Still having to reboot the who setup every few days. Still think its more the 66U firmware at this point then the 68U.

Last edited:
After installing .583, my LED on the unit no longer turns off. I hit the button on the back of the unit and it no longer functions. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Do you guys have links to the downloads of the older versions of firmware? I just got the router from the best buy sale and the newest version seems to have issues. I would like to try to some older revisions but it doesn't appear that there is a ftp site or anything that i can easily download the older releases. I would like to try some older versions that other users on the site have had better luck with.

thanks.

Do you guys have links to the downloads of the older versions of firmware? I just got the router from the best buy sale and the newest version seems to have issues. I would like to try to some older revisions but it doesn't appear that there is a ftp site or anything that i can easily download the older releases. I would like to try some older versions that other users on the site have had better luck with.

thanks.

Here you go:

Revision 454: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15099395/FW_RT_AC68U_3004374454.zip

Revision 542: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15099395/FW_RT_AC68U_3004374542.zip

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!