What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's live on the Asus site now ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411413252.988820.jpg

Hey guys,

Does anyone have issues accessing specific pages? In my case it's http://dadeschools.net. The page just times out.

If I connect directly to the modem, I am able to access the page. If the router is plugged in, none of my devices are able to connect.

I called Asus support, and was informed that the 3.0.0.4.376.2769 would resolve this issue. I installed the updated today, but still am experiencing the same issue.

Currently on hold, waiting to reach their support group.

I tried all the general troubleshooting such as disabling firewalls, checking web filters, restoring firmware, installing new firmware, but issue persists. All other sites work fine (http and https). Any suggestions?

The retailer is going to send me a new one, but they are back-ordered till mid-October.

Currently I'm on Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.376_2769

Are you guys able to access that website?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have issues accessing specific pages? In my case it's http://dadeschools.net. The page just times out.

If I connect directly to the modem, I am able to access the page. If the router is plugged in, none of my devices are able to connect.

I called Asus support, and was informed that the 3.0.0.4.376.2769 would resolve this issue. I installed the updated today, but still am experiencing the same issue.

Currently on hold, waiting to reach their support group.

I tried all the general troubleshooting such as disabling firewalls, checking web filters, restoring firmware, installing new firmware, but issue persists. All other sites work fine (http and https). Any suggestions?

The retailer is going to send me a new one, but they are back-ordered till mid-October.

Currently I'm on Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.376_2769

Are you guys able to access that website?
It loads fine through WiFi.

Have you tried a different dns server, even thought the direct modem works?

I am perplexed. The url the OP posted works fine for us on wifi and ethernet.

Are there any other URLs you cannot reach?

Maybe an anti virus or firewall has blocked it?

You can enter two different dns servers on the Asus firmware. Try using 8.8.8.8 which is the Google public DNS.

I have attempted using Google DNS in the router's panel, but issue persists. I did flush DNS.

As far as I have noticed, it's that one site. This happens on all devices (OS X devices, iOS, Android, Windows) connected through the router (wired, wireless).

I have disabled the router's firewall (all of them). If I connect it via modem, it works perfectly fine.

Not sure what other options I have.

One thing I have noticed is that 5GHz always remains off, even if it's set to be on, it's always off. After one factory reset, it started working but now the issue repeats.

When I called Asus support, they were horrible. I try to be patient with them, but they tell me no one can help me and to call back in 1 hour and maybe one of the other techs will be there. I keep telling them the queue is over 30mins each time, and I've been given times when another technician is going to be there, or a supervisor and they never are. They have arranged callbacks with me (3 times) and I never received any of them.

I might have to reconsider Asus products for all my needs..

I have attempted using Google DNS in the router's panel, but issue persists. I did flush DNS.

As far as I have noticed, it's that one site. This happens on all devices (OS X devices, iOS, Android, Windows) connected through the router (wired, wireless).

I have disabled the router's firewall (all of them). If I connect it via modem, it works perfectly fine.

Not sure what other options I have.

One thing I have noticed is that 5GHz always remains off, even if it's set to be on, it's always off. After one factory reset, it started working but now the issue repeats.

When I called Asus support, they were horrible. I try to be patient with them, but they tell me no one can help me and to call back in 1 hour and maybe one of the other techs will be there. I keep telling them the queue is over 30mins each time, and I've been given times when another technician is going to be there, or a supervisor and they never are. They have arranged callbacks with me (3 times) and I never received any of them.

I might have to reconsider Asus products for all my needs..

Truthfully all home based networking stuff support sucks. No matter the brand.

Truthfully all home based networking stuff support sucks. No matter the brand.

I would agree, except for all the helpful people on these forums! :D

I just picked one of these up. Seems to be a beast. Right now I have it set up as a router, but what do you guys think about its performance as a router vs building a dedicated firewall box (sophos, smoothwall, etc)

I'm tempted to move this to a more central location for the wireless and having a dedicated firewall built that would hang out in the basement next to the cable modem. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Think there's a bug with the front LEDs - this happens on the latest & previous stock fw. Even though i have them switched off, after x number of days the 'lan' and 'internet' LEDs will come on randomly and the only way to turn them off is to reboot the router. Would using Merlin's fw solve this as i believe you can switch off the LEDs via the GUI?

I just picked one of these up. Seems to be a beast. Right now I have it set up as a router, but what do you guys think about its performance as a router vs building a dedicated firewall box (sophos, smoothwall, etc)

A full powered PC will always provide much more raw processing power than a low-powered embedded device, especially if using any complex IPTables rulesets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I put FW 3.0.0.4.376.2769 on my AC87 yesterday and so far so good. Been out a couple days it seems, haven't heard much pros/cons with it on this thread yet though.

Post upgrade

I upgraded to 2769 as well...The Wireless GUI is messed up..only 2.4 shows on the pull downs..no 5g at all on the GUI pull downs...

I upgraded to 2769 as well...The Wireless GUI is messed up..only 2.4 shows on the pull downs..no 5g at all on the GUI pull downs...

Turn off and power on while holding wps button on the back, release wps button when the power led starts flashing.

After clearing nvram it will work, I had the same issue but it only showed 5gz band.

These are SOHO routers and no better than toys compared to an enterprise class router, or even a basic dual core Atom micro computer running your flavor of a dedicated firewall guarding your perimeter.

Last edited:
I just bought one also.
The firmware on it is 2061.
It seems to work well so I may leave it well-enough alone.
Funny thing, however - when I get the router to check for firmware updates, it tells me that it IS already up to date.
Oh well !

Hello,

I have the 87R and it always says I have the latest version. Only way I was able to get a newer version was to go to the ASUS download site and get it from there.

Whats even more interesting is several days ago version 2679 was out and only shows up on the ASUS download site if you use 87U as the model you have.

Someone there really needs to do a little QA to make sure things are in sync..

Hello,

I have the 87R and it always says I have the latest version. Only way I was able to get a newer version was to go to the ASUS download site and get it from there.

Whats even more interesting is several days ago version 2679 was out and only shows up on the ASUS download site if you use 87U as the model you have.

Someone there really needs to do a little QA to make sure things are in sync..

As Tim is probably thinking right about now; why? When you're their beta tester. :D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!