What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASUS abandoned the development of 87U and 87R routers? Left us with problems? No word on new firmwares.

Look at the Official Firmware forums, there are releasing almost weekly beta firmware for this router, the last one being less than a week old.

mucci, RMerlin already stated they were beta's. ;)

Posted on http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...aylyns-review]-asus-rt-ac87u-4781419-295.html

ASUS@SG wrote:

"Dear all,

RT-AC87U_9.0.0.4_378_9110 - Unofficial Beta

Download: http://goo.gl/ud2RKQ

- Require factory reset after update.

Added
1. New wifi driver to improve wifi connection
2. Traffic Analyzer for monitoring your network traffic
3. Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS
4. USB to USB smart sync mode
5. A scheduler for Router Reboot
6. Can edit offline devices in client list

Update
1. Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2d
2. IPTV ISP profile setting of 'movistar' & ‘meo’
3. Adjust maximum number to 16 for Guest Network MAC filter
4. Web History/Traffic Analyzer can show device name.
5. Allow user paste password on login page

Fixed
1. Media server cannot scan files
2. Cannot complete QIS setting on IE11
3. Download speed is limited by Upload speed in Traditional QoS
4. Unexpected UI display issue

Best regard,
JK"

Posted on http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/i...aylyns-review]-asus-rt-ac87u-4781419-295.html

ASUS@SG wrote:

"Dear all,

RT-AC87U_9.0.0.4_378_9110 - Unofficial Beta

Download: http://goo.gl/ud2RKQ

- Require factory reset after update.

Added
1. New wifi driver to improve wifi connection
2. Traffic Analyzer for monitoring your network traffic
3. Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS
4. USB to USB smart sync mode
5. A scheduler for Router Reboot
6. Can edit offline devices in client list

Update
1. Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2d
2. IPTV ISP profile setting of 'movistar' & ‘meo’
3. Adjust maximum number to 16 for Guest Network MAC filter
4. Web History/Traffic Analyzer can show device name.
5. Allow user paste password on login page

Fixed
1. Media server cannot scan files
2. Cannot complete QIS setting on IE11
3. Download speed is limited by Upload speed in Traditional QoS
4. Unexpected UI display issue

Best regard,
JK"

Or just posted on this thread over here by Asus already...

Me neither. Just the batt drain issue.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for you to tell me about our printer issue :)
I dont know if the printer problem is fixed, but, at first time to printer a document, ist's works. Keep trying, and tell you.

10/02, new printer test, works without restart router, so far so good.

Last edited:
MU-MIMO? Beamforming? - any way to test?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mikrotik(for routing) + AC87U(for 5Ghz) + AC68U(for 2.4Ghz) + Cisco switch(for NAS link aggregation)

I dont know if the printer problem is fixed, but, at first time to printer a document, ist's works. Keep trying, and tell you.

10/02, new printer test, works without restart router, so far so good.

Sweet, might take the plunge on Sunday. Seems like it's working well for people

MU-MIMO? Beamforming? - any way to test?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mikrotik(for routing) + AC87U(for 5Ghz) + AC68U(for 2.4Ghz) + Cisco switch(for NAS link aggregation)
The firmware to activate MU-MIMO is ready but they havent released it yet.Looks like theres a problem with some android devices the 5G antenna is draining their battery in one night. They trying to solve this first and then they will release it.At least thats what Asus in Singapure said. They just released a new one class="vbseo_buttons" id="lkbtn_1.4781419.96451978" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; clear: both; font-size: 11px; position: relative; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; width: auto; overflow: hidden;">

Yes, haven't run into any issues
All, I am running Merlin Firmware:378.55 and attempted to install the newest Asus Firmware that was released on 9/30 but ran into some issues. I then reset everything put the Asus firmware which was dated around July 2015 then tried to flash the newest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9177 but again ran into issues. What happens is after setup wizard it logs me out I get to the login screen enter my password admin/admin and it just shows a white screen nothing happens. Basically unresponsive.

No idea whats going on but suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
All, I am running Merlin Firmware:378.55 and attempted to install the newest Asus Firmware that was released on 9/30 but ran into some issues. I then reset everything put the Asus firmware which was dated around July 2015 then tried to flash the newest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9177 but again ran into issues. What happens is after setup wizard it logs me out I get to the login screen enter my password admin/admin and it just shows a white screen nothing happens. Basically unresponsive.

No idea whats going on but suggestions are welcome.

Same thing, the only way I can get back in is with a factory reset.

Assuming you are doing factory resets here, as I am sure you are, there are really only 2 options here - the resets are not working for some reason or there is some hardware variation that does not like the new firmware. For most this firmware is very stable and very reliable.

It is weird that 3 people now seem to have trouble straight after reset, but many months back I too had very strange results with firmware that was otherwise considered good. I thought this was all in the past, but maybe I've just been lucky. This router does seem to sometimes get itself in a mess that can be hard to reset from, regardless of firmware version.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!