What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

look this, is the same, but another firmware for 87U

Asus RT-AC87R Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4376
Security related
- Upgrade OpenSSL library to 1.0.0q
- Fixed CVE-201301813
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability on page Main_Analysis_Content.asp

AiProtection fixes
- Fixed router reboot issue when disabled AiProtection
- Fixed kernel panic when wan reconnected
- Modified web history strings
- Updated signature to 1.030
- Optimize memory usage

Bug fixes
- Fixed IE9 compatibility issue
- Fixed NAT loopback issue
- Fixed abnormal SSH system log
- Fixed network map UI issues.
- Improved UDP performance

Other
- Added Movistar profile in IPTV setting page

and
Code:
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4608
- Release note -

Bug fixes
- Fixed AP mode connection issue.
- Fixed guest network disappearing issue.
- Fixed rebooted issue when WAN disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed traffic monitor GUI issue.
changelog is not complited becouse this relase have also new quantenna firmware.

and
Code:
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4608
- Release note -

Bug fixes
- Fixed AP mode connection issue.
- Fixed guest network disappearing issue.
- Fixed rebooted issue when WAN disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed traffic monitor GUI issue.
changelog is not complited becouse this relase have also new quantenna firmware.
well, but no NOT AVAILABLE on RT-AC87R page. Will be used to this model, 87R?

4608 is the latest oficial fw for 87u

Can someone please provide the Quantenna firmware version in F/W Version - 3.0.0.4.378.4376 ?

Thanks

Go to AC87R page to DL the .4376. As of now, it the latest.
AC87U, the latest is .4608

Doubt Asus is listening but .4608 still disconnects iPhones on 5 Ghz randomly. The key reset tip doesn't work.
I made a factory reset after the previous F/W update but not this time, do I really need to?

Doubt Asus is listening but .4608 still disconnects iPhones on 5 Ghz randomly. The key reset tip doesn't work.
I made a factory reset after the previous F/W update but not this time, do I really need to?
Have you disabled beamforming? This is a significant cause of problems. Asus are disabling by default atm anyway, until they fix it.

There is also a new beta that makes a big difference to 5Ghz performance and disconnects. You might want to wait until it becomes a full release though, up to you.

OK everyone ... so I posted months ago, and finally gave up on these 87's actually running as AP's in a multiple AP/Router configuration. Did they FINALLY fix this issue? It sounds like, maybe? I had one as a router, with the rest branched off from the router as AP's ... and after much (MUCH, MUCH, MUCH) troubleshooting, discovered the AP mode was EXTREMELY bad. As a router, they were pretty good, but the moment you tried to use these as an AP, with another one of them in the network ... FORGET IT!!! So .. did they finally fix this?

4608 (latest full release) has been very positively received.

Not knowing what you mean by "bad", I can only say my Router/AP config is working very well. They clearly still have some way to go to perfect 5Ghz especially - Beamforming is still broken and frequent disconnects are still being addressed in the latest beta. But as a router and AP all seems good here. The Guest Network in AP mode is almost completely useless (subject of another thread), but that aside...

Edit: Having read the thread you contributed to about this, 4608 fixed the "resetting of AP's static IPs on reboot" and looping errors I was seeing previously.

Last edited:
4608 (latest full release) has been very positively received.

Not knowing what you mean by "bad", I can only say my Router/AP config is working very well. They clearly still have some way to go to perfect 5Ghz especially - Beamforming is still broken and frequent disconnects are still being addressed in the latest beta. But as a router and AP all seems good here. The Guest Network in AP mode is almost completely useless (subject of another thread), but that aside...

Edit: Having read the thread you contributed to about this, 4608 fixed the "resetting of AP's static IPs on reboot" and looping errors I was seeing previouly.

Excellent ... I'll try them out, and let everyone know

I patiently wait and then flash these firmwares as they are released. I'm still seeing all the port forwards I enter drop after some period of time (usually a few hours to a couple of days). Disabling then re-enabling port forwarding corrects it for a time. I've got several servers running behind this thing and spent a lot of money on it. You can't beat the performance, but the port forward issue is killing me. It appears they're never going to fix or address this. I'm really disappointed about this. Multiple tech support requests have either resulted in them sending me on a wild goose chase or acknowledging there is a firmware problem and saying it's being worked on, but it never seems to get addressed...

OK everyone ... so I posted months ago, and finally gave up on these 87's actually running as AP's in a multiple AP/Router configuration. Did they FINALLY fix this issue? It sounds like, maybe? I had one as a router, with the rest branched off from the router as AP's ... and after much (MUCH, MUCH, MUCH) troubleshooting, discovered the AP mode was EXTREMELY bad. As a router, they were pretty good, but the moment you tried to use these as an AP, with another one of them in the network ... FORGET IT!!! So .. did they finally fix this?

I posted this on the thread about running two 87us (ap/router): give Ap a self assigned static ap outside of the dhcp assignment block (same subnet) and it works great.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!