What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U - thinking of going custom - Traffic Analyzer..

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andy_d

Regular Contributor
I would like to use something like this but I forget every time I go and enable that I get a privacy prompt to agree to and don't. Wondering if Merlin uses something else or disables any data collection. I just want to keep track of daily / monthly bandwidth being used.

Thanks! I was hoping for something more like I can just see on the router admin pages.

I guess ultimately what I wanted to know is if Merlin's firmware blocks data being sent to Trend Micro. All I want is to be able to tell how much bandwidth I used which shouldn't require data collection. I saw a comment this morning that it's possible to turn off Trend Micro from Merlin but not sure what that actually means. I guess I'll try flashing the firmware

Thanks! I was hoping for something more like I can just see on the router admin pages.

I guess ultimately what I wanted to know is if Merlin's firmware blocks data being sent to Trend Micro. All I want is to be able to tell how much bandwidth I used which shouldn't require data collection. I saw a comment this morning that it's possible to turn off Trend Micro from Merlin but not sure what that actually means. I guess I'll try flashing the firmware
If you want the features offered by Trend Micro you have to accept the agreement. There is a privacy page that you can set to opt out of Trends collection of stats, however if you do that it basically disables all of it's features.

Yeah, I know. That's why I wanted to know if say using Merlin will disable this depending on the feature. There is no reason to communicate anything to Trend Micro if all I want to know is per device how much downloading / uploading has occurred.