What's new

Asus RT-AC88U weird issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thrn_rt87

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I've been having past 2 weeks or so some strange behavior with my ac88u, whenever there is a power outage and ups kicks in after power returns after like 5-6 sec after the power was restored to ac the router loses internet connection and then after few seconds restores and during this short interval of time if I try to ping router it also doesn't respond to ping and there is nothing in router logs either no reboots or anything as leds remain normally on. I tried and reset router to defaults and reconfigured from scratch but still same issue, I'm running latest merlin firmware 386.11 since I have same behavior with stock firmware as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I've been having past 2 weeks or so some strange behavior with my ac88u, whenever there is a power outage and ups kicks in after power returns after like 5-6 sec after the power was restored to ac the router loses internet connection and then after few seconds restores and during this short interval of time if I try to ping router it also doesn't respond to ping and there is nothing in router logs either no reboots or anything as leds remain normally on. I tried and reset router to defaults and reconfigured from scratch but still same issue, I'm running latest merlin firmware 386.11 since I have same behavior with stock firmware as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Probably the isp restoring in same time period if they too lost power local

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!