What's new

Asus RT AX86U red light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dazman

Occasional Visitor
Asus RT AX86U developed a red light so no internet access. I did a factory reset and checked all cables and an older Asus router works. Bought a new Asus RT AX86U and it has the red light as well. Next step firmware.

Any ideas?

Clone the MAC address from the router that works.

What model/firmware is the router that works? Which firmware(s) have you tried on the AX86U? What ISP are you with?

*edit*

An afterthought. Do you have IPv6 enabled? What happens if you disable it?

Last edited:
Put your ISP modem/router back into router mode and use that instead of the Asus. If that also doesn't work contact your ISP.

So I setup the new AX86U and the redlight is gone, but it tells me there is no internet connection.

Put your ISP modem/router back into router mode and use that instead of the Asus. If that also doesn't work contact your ISP.

I got the new router working. Did another complete factory reset and used latest ASUS firmware and will try Merlin’s.

I had this issue when I purchased a previously owned RT-AX68U manufactured in Dec 2021 on Ebay. Since it was still under warranty, I did a troubleshooting session with support who provided a shipping label to send it in for repair. After a couple of days, they ended up shipping me a new unit to replace it, and its been rock solid ever since..From what I know, the WAN port failed

I had this issue when I purchased a previously owned RT-AX68U manufactured in Dec 2021 on Ebay. Since it was still under warranty, I did a troubleshooting session with support who provided a shipping label to send it in for repair. After a couple of days, they ended up shipping me a new unit to replace it, and its been rock solid ever since..From what I know, the WAN port failed
So an ASUS warranty is transferable?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!