What's new

Asus RT-AX86U and RT-AX86S seem to freeze after a week or so.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spothunter

Occasional Visitor
I originally had the 86S as my main router running Merlin firmware with an AX3000 as a wired ai mesh node running stock firmware. After a week or so, I would lose both wireless and wired connectivity (devices would show no connection and the SSID was not visible). I was unable to access the router in any way (wired or wireless) and was forced to power down the router to get connectivity back. I figured since it was a refurbished device, you get what you pay for and replaced it with the 86U. After a week or so, the 86U (also running Merlin firmware) did the same thing. I thought maybe it was a glitch in the firmware (I know not likely but was trying to eliminate possible causes) so I reinstalled the stock firmware. Again, the issue persisted. The modem shows connected the whole time. I've looked through the settings and nothing jumped out at me as far as a possible cause. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

I had a similar issue with my RT-AX68, ended up RMAing it and they gave me a a replacement unit as it was a hardware issue. This was in Taiwan though, so I could just walk in to one of their service centers there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!