What's new

Asus RT-N66U and Manually Assigned IP Address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pgershon

Regular Contributor
I am using firmware 3.0.0.3.112. I had previously set up many manually assigned IP addresses and they still seem to work as before. However, when I went to add and/or change the existing ones, I can no longer navigate the the page with the list. I go to the LAN-DHCP Server page but the list at the bottom of existing IP addresses is not shown, and the boxes to add and edit do not function. Additionally, there is a link near the top of the page saying "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list(list limit:32) FAQ". This link opens another copy of the page, but does not function otherwise. Not sure if this is an issue with the firmware version.

Anybody else experience this and have a potential solution?

I also experienced this. I could resolve the issue by restore to the factory settings: Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting -> Restore

saw this as well - clicked the "reboot" button and all appeared normally after. Can't imagine we should need to reboot each time after that! ... but that fixed it for me...

I have the same problem

Did anyone resole this problem?
HI
I have anew Asus RT-N66U. As Asus suggested I recently upgraded to FW 3.0.0.4.220. Overal,l I am very satisfied with this new WIFI router. However, I need to set a few manually assigned IPs around the DHCP but I am not able to do so.

The MAC address list (just above the apply) does not appear. Even If I enter it manually, the system does not respond to my 'Apply'. I did reset the Router with no success. Any suggestions?
Thank you

HI
I have anew Asus RT-N66U. As Asus suggested I recently upgraded to FW 3.0.0.4.220. Overal,l I am very satisfied with this new WIFI router. However, I need to set a few manually assigned IPs around the DHCP but I am not able to do so.

The MAC address list (just above the apply) does not appear. Even If I enter it manually, the system does not respond to my 'Apply'. I did reset the Router with no success. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Make sure you set the option to "Yes" above to enable manual reservations.

Also before clicking on "Apply", you must click on the + sign to add the new entry.

If it still fails, try a different browser.

I had the same problem with several of the beta firmware versions as well as the 3.0.0.4.220 version. Using Firebug in Firefox I was getting a bunch of javascript errors that were causing problems on that page. What ended up working for me was clearing out the nvram and re-uploading the 3.0.0.4.220 version and then the javascript errors no longer appeared on that page and I was able to enter a manual IP without problems.

If anyone can post the JS errors from their console, I might be able to take a look at it and see if it's something I can improve or fix.

If anyone can post the JS errors from their console, I might be able to take a look at it and see if it's something I can improve or fix.

Here is a screenshot of the JS errors I was getting prior to doing the nvram reset and re-uploading of the firmware.

Attachments

• N66JSError.jpg
    N66JSError.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 725
I can't read the text with the jpeg artifacts...

I do see you have Enable Manual Assignment set to "No". Make sure you enable it before trying to add new entries.

I can't read the text with the jpeg artifacts...

I do see you have Enable Manual Assignment set to "No". Make sure you enable it before trying to add new entries.

I was getting this JS error right away when the page loaded preventing me from saving the page at all, even after selecting Enable Manual Assignmnent

Sorry about that, didn't realize it converted so badly:

The errors are pptpd_clients(".")[3] is undefined (from line 78) and staticclist_row is undefined (from line 100)

Put on photobucket not sure if this will be any clearer for seeing the text:

Asus RT-N66U | Manually Assigned IP Around the DHCP List - Not Working!

HI

Thank you

Hi everybody!

Having exactly the same problem with Asus RT-N66U & FW 3.0.0.4.270... :-(
...And getting stupid answers from the local (Asus) representatives! :-x
Has anyone found a solution?

TIA,
Best regards

Hi everybody!

Having exactly the same problem with Asus RT-N66U & FW 3.0.0.4.270... :-(
...And getting stupid answers from the local (Asus) representatives! :-x
Has anyone found a solution?

TIA,
Best regards

This may or may not be your problem, but:

a. In the "Enable Manual Assignment" area above where you enter the addresses, select the "Yes" radio button to enable you to manually add client MAC address IP assignments.

b. After you enter each MAC address either manually or via cut-and-paste and enter the IP and Name for that client, you must click on the "+" sign to add that entry to the actual list below.

c. If you make a mistake, you can remove an entry from the list by clicking on the "-" sign next to the entry to be removed.

d. When you've entered all the client MAC addresses that you're assigning to "static" IP's, then click "Apply" and that should do it.

Last edited:
This may or may not be your problem, but:

a. In the "Enable Manual Assignment" area above where you enter the addresses, select the "Yes" radio button to enable you to manually add client MAC address IP assignments.

b. After you enter each MAC address either manually or via cut-and-paste and enter the IP and Name for that client, you must click on the "+" sign to add that entry to the actual list below.

c. If you make a mistake, you can remove an entry from the list by clicking on the "-" sign next to the entry to be removed.

d. When you've entered all the client MAC addresses that you're assigning to "static" IP's, then click "Apply" and that should do it.

Answering:
a. "Yes" radio button is working / accepting data...
b. You can only enter the "MAC Address" + "IP Address"; "+" button not working...
c. Not working - maybe - because it doesn't show the (c.) list...
d. "Apply" button not working...

This hole menu is frozen/not working since FW-3.0.0.3.112, if I remember correctly; the funny thing however, is it remembers my previous "Manually Assigned DHCP Addresses)!? :rolleyes:
...And yes, I know how to configure a router!
...And yes, again, it seems only a few RT-N66U users/owners use this menu and complain!?
...And yes, once more, it also looks like Asus doesn't care (or bothers to answer)!!! :mad:

Anyway, thank you very much for your time & help! :cool:
Hope somebody knows the solution or a work around, which - I guess - may well be returning to a previous version to FW-3.0.0.3.112, enter the data, and then update again to the last FW + re-enter manually all the rest of the configurations!
Not the most elegant solution, but maybe it works...

Anyone having a better solution/suggestion? :rolleyes:

Best Regards,
NumberOne

Answering:
This hole menu is frozen/not working since FW-3.0.0.3.112, if I remember correctly; the funny thing however, is it remembers my previous "Manually Assigned DHCP Addresses)!? :rolleyes:
...And yes, I know how to configure a router!
...And yes, again, it seems only a few RT-N66U users/owners use this menu and complain!?
...And yes, once more, it also looks like Asus doesn't care (or bothers to answer)!!! :mad:

Anyway, thank you very much for your time & help! :cool:
Hope somebody knows the solution or a work around, which - I guess - may well be returning to a previous version to FW-3.0.0.3.112, enter the data, and then update again to the last FW + re-enter manually all the rest of the configurations!
Not the most elegant solution, but maybe it works...

Anyone having a better solution/suggestion? :rolleyes:

Best Regards,
NumberOne

Just out of curiosity, which browser do you use with your router web GUI admin? Have you tried playing with that end? Like resetting back to defaults with IE (if that's what you're using) and seeing if the GUI works that way? Or doing a "safe" startup with FF, or turning off all your Chrome extensions?

Since so few people are seeing this, as you say, it may be something to do with browser configuration or state? If you strip your browser down to it's basic core and if that works, then add things back in until the problem recurs, then you'll get an idea of what might be going on...Maybe.

Just a thought.

Once again, thank you - so much - for your answer and help. ;)

Just out of curiosity, which browser do you use with your router web GUI admin? Have you tried playing with that end? Like resetting back to defaults with IE (if that's what you're using) and seeing if the GUI works that way? Or doing a "safe" startup with FF, or turning off all your Chrome extensions?

Unfortunately, I had already tried/tested it with IE, Google Chrome and Firefox with exactly the same results! :(

Since so few people are seeing this, as you say, it may be something to do with browser configuration or state? If you strip your browser down to it's basic core and if that works, then add things back in until the problem recurs, then you'll get an idea of what might be going on...Maybe.

Just a thought.

...Well, as said before, and soon as I have some spare time, I will roll back to a previous version to FW-3.0.0.3.112 and see if it works again; and of course, I will contact «Asus», once more! They should offer a solution, or at least, a workaround or way out for this! :eek:

Warm regards,
NumberOne

Finally - Everything working again!

Once again, thank you - so much - for your answer and help. ;)

Unfortunately, I had already tried/tested it with IE, Google Chrome and Firefox with exactly the same results! :(

...Well, as said before, and soon as I have some spare time, I will roll back to a previous version to FW-3.0.0.3.112 and see if it works again; and of course, I will contact «Asus», once more! They should offer a solution, or at least, a workaround or way out for this! :eek:

Warm regards,
NumberOne

Finally sorted everything out!

After severed restores discovered version 3.0.0.3.108 showed the "Manually Assigned DHCP IP Address List" once again - So it seems that the update to version 3.0.0.3.112 messed things up for me; however, upgrading from here (3.0.0.3.108) directly to 3.0.0.5.354 ended into the same problem; restoring the settings - the same story...
So, made a "print screen" of all the menus/settings - yes, it's boring and time consuming - hard reset the router in version 3.0.0.5.354 (keep the reset button pressed for 10 seconds while turning the router on; you loose all your settings and the router returns to default...), and manually set everything again, menu after menu!
Now, working like a charm... ;)

Hope this can be helpful for others who ran into the same problem!

Kind regards,
NumberOne

Last edited: