What's new

Asus rt-n66u can't power up

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dazz87

Occasional Visitor
Hello

Tonight my wifi went out and thought my internet (isp) was down. Turned out that my RT-N66 turned off by itself. I went and hit the button on the back of the router and it does not turn on. I manage to get it up and running but in order for it to stay on I have to put electric tape over the power button. Just wonder what went wrong with the router? I am out of warranty (purchased in Oct 2012) is there anything I could do or fix it? Thanks

Seems like this is a common issue (power button breaks).

Some use toothpicks to make sure it stays on. If you're handy with soldering, I'm sure you can put a replacement switch in quite easily.

Seems like this is a common issue (power button breaks).

Some use toothpicks to make sure it stays on. If you're handy with soldering, I'm sure you can put a replacement switch in quite easily.

Oh I didnt know its a common issue among owners. Okay I will try the toothpicks method. The electric tape works for 5 mins and then the router will turn off again......Thanks

Maybe common is too strong a word. I have read about this issue a few times though.

Anything that jams the button in the on position will work though.