What's new

Asus RT-N66U + DLNA?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

...I only know that there are beta versions up to .155. The last offical one is .112. ASUS always work on fw upgrades (more so compared some other makes). Toastman, RMerlin and Shibby upgrade every few weeks and you can contact them directly. I would suggest you take out a WNDR4500 and test it for your purposes. Maybe it does the trick on DLNA for you. If you can, test the RT-N66U concurrently. Remember to always unmount properly before switching off the router or disconnecting a drive.....

The weird thing is, MiniDLNA is developed by a Netgear engineer. It's the exact same program they use in their NAS:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/

Unless for some odd reason their routers didn't use the same DLNA server as their NAS.

....mmm.... I think if you are willing to do homework with file management regarding syncing and file format the RT-N66U can do the job.... I am chucking the WNDR4500 due to poor DLNA indexing performance and lack of support to deal with it....I get the feeling that DLNA in general is a bit of a disappointment. People I know are extremely happy with the multimedia player, ASUS HD2 option. Look into this, it might actually be what you are looking for....

....mmm.... I think if you are willing to do homework with file management regarding syncing and file format the RT-N66U can do the job.... I am chucking the WNDR4500 due to poor DLNA indexing performance and lack of support to deal with it....I get the feeling that DLNA in general is a bit of a disappointment. People I know are extremely happy with the multimedia player, ASUS HD2 option. Look into this, it might actually be what you are looking for....

Why can't they do that HD2 combined with the N66U? :D