What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raptor

Occasional Visitor
New RT-N66U Firmware today 07/22/2013
Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.372.1393
Updated Broadcom driver and fixed Intel 4965 / 6300 5GHz 40MHz connection issue.

I just installed this firmware but the wireless drivers has not changed.:( I do not have an intel wireless client so I don't know if asus fix the intel bug. Anyone with intel Centrino 5GHz @40MHZ want to test if they fix the bug?

Broadcom BCM4331 802.11 Wireless Controller 5.110.27.20012

Last edited:
I just installed this firmware but the wireless drivers has not changed.:( I do not have an intel wireless client so I don't know if asus fix the intel bug. Anyone with intel Centrino 5GHz @40MHZ want to test if they fix the bug?

Broadcom BCM4331 802.11 Wireless Controller 5.110.27.20012

The version number doesn't mean much. This is the version of the base code from Broadcom, Asus can have changed something on top of it without a version bump.

nothing changed for me. I still cant connect to my RT-N66U with this firmware using Intel Centrino 6205 :(

Hmmm. The latest firmware is not only broken for me on 5Ghz, but also on 2.4 Ghz. So it's definitely an updated driver. ;)

Hopefully it will work for someone. It's a dud for me. I've gone back to .272. I'm tired of resetting to factory defaults and reconfiguring from scratch. Disappointing as I was enjoying using AiCloud with vuln fix.

Linksys/Broadcom AE2500 2x2 Broadcom chipset wireless adapters. They connect just fine. But the link speed is 54-108 Mbps. Back to .272 and back to normal 216-300 Mbps link speeds on two floors of my house.

How does a Broadcom chipset wireless adapter not work properly on a Broadcom chipset wireless router with the latest/greatest driver? We're talking multiple AE2500 Broadcom adapters and multiple computers. I guess I could rationalize 5ghz being broken but now 2.4Ghz is broken for me too. Crazy.

I always reset router to factory defaults after any firmware upgrade/downgrade. And remove wireless profiles on computers.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they do not have Broadcom wireless adapters like Chief_os and I have in their testing lab. ;)

Last edited:
Not sure what's up with that build, but 40 MHz 5 GHz is still broken. My Centrino still can't connect to it either, even after a factory default reset and erasing the connection profile on my laptop.

I agree im getting tired of messing with firmwares so I just use the latest Merlin firmware seems to work rock solid and really no reason to change.

I get 78.35Mb/s down on 5GHz and 65.12Mb/s down on 2.4GHz averaged over 3 tests. The computer is about 20 feet away from the router on the same floor with 2 standard gyprock walls in between. The router is set to 100mW transmit power.

So far, so good. I usually run the latest Merlin build but I think I may stay with this one for a while until Merlin releases a build based on this updated one from Asus.

Now that Intel Clients are still broken, I'd recommend everyone having problem to let asus know. Maybe, asus is not aware many are affected with the bug. There is no explanation for these problems to linger other than asus appears to not pay attention. These bug has been here since .354.:(

Hm. I wonder if it might simply a bad build, since the wireless driver is totally unchanged since 372_1363:

Code:
root@ubuntu-dev:~/fmk/trunk# md5sum 372n-1393/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko
66ffcda8e333ed52fe2d0962ef18115f  372n-1393/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko

root@ubuntu-dev:~/fmk/trunk# md5sum 372n/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko
66ffcda8e333ed52fe2d0962ef18115f  372n/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko

There are other changes to the rest of the FW tho, so maybe the intended fix isn't in the driver itself but elsewhere in the FW code. I guess we'll know more in the coming days.

Hm. I wonder if it might simply a bad build, since the wireless driver is totally unchanged since 372_1363:

Code:
root@ubuntu-dev:~/fmk/trunk# md5sum 372n-1393/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko
66ffcda8e333ed52fe2d0962ef18115f  372n-1393/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko

root@ubuntu-dev:~/fmk/trunk# md5sum 372n/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko
66ffcda8e333ed52fe2d0962ef18115f  372n/rootfs/lib/modules/2.6.22.19/kernel/drivers/net/wl.ko

There are other changes to the rest of the FW tho, so maybe the intended fix isn't in the driver itself but elsewhere in the FW code. I guess we'll know more in the coming days.
I have a feeling the driver in this build is not the intended one specially the description of the update is:
"Updated Broadcom driver and fixed Intel 4965 / 6300 5GHz 40MHz connection issue."

At least the drivers build date and time should have changed but like what you said the fix is in the firmware possibly but why even describe the update as updated driver?

well I was going to jump on this new driver,forget that
I'm scared now and will wait it out

i just tried the new firmware but it dropped my 5ghz wifi badly, in my kitchen i was only getting about 20mbps on a speed test where i was getting 55ish with the 372 fw, i dropped back to 271 fw and it jumped straight up to 74ish so i will be staying with the 271 fw, my wifi adapter is a linksys ae3000 3x3 dongle on a win7 32bit sony vaio laptop

Either that or Merlin needs to brush up on his Chinese. There's obviously a severe communication breakdown between the folks complaining on this forum (including me) and Asus customer support and Asus firmware development and product testing.

I'm guessing that they are connecting a compatible device whilst they connect/test other devices. If you connect a compatible device to the 5Ghz, it can postively influence other non-compatible devices (at least temporarily). For example, I can sometimes connect my Apple-TV first to the router (5ghz) and then connect my broadcom wireless adapters and every thing will work fine for a few hours. Then either the AppleTV will lock up and/or the Broadcom adapters will drop link speed from 216-300 Mbps to to 54-108 Mbps. And now 2.4 Ghz is broken for me as well (with this latest firmware).

If you're in the Asus test lab and are reading this post, please feel free to send me a private message. Unfortunately I only speak English.

Or if you're in the Asus test lab, try connecting only one problem device. Don't connect any other devices.

Thus far, it appears problem devices include: Broadcom, Ralink, intel, and atheros. The Ralink/Linksys AE3000 was Wifi certified 1/31/2012.

Last edited:
You can add Atheros to that list of problem devices. My Killer N1202 still hates the new drivers as well >_<