What's new

Asus XT12 Pro reboots when long data transfers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Prasanna Ariyanayagam

Occasional Visitor
When I transfer a lot of data on wifi 6, the router sometimes reboots.

When using wired ports to tranfer a large amount of data the speed starts at 113MB/s and then crashes to 31.5Mb/s.

Anyone noticed this?

What are you transferring to/from? In which direction is this issue made apparent (from which device to which device)?

Are the file sizes variable (small to large), or is it one big file?

Have you tried an electrical reset on the router? Leave the power switch on the router to the 'on' position and unplug the power cord from both the router and the wall AC power. Wait a minute or two and power it back up.

While you're waiting for the router (above), perform a Restart (not a shutdown, and then power up again) of the two client devices you're using to test with.

Is this a single (main) router? Or are you running an AiMesh node(s) too?

Might also help to know what firmware version you are using.
I do not have these issues.

I am on the latest beta.

I am transferring one 70gb file video from wifi 6 nuc to a 2.5gbe server.

I am doing this on the main xt12 router but i am running a mesh. I have left the power off on the router for a long time to reboot the router.

Please tell us all pertinent specs of the NUC and server.

OS, RAM, HDDs and/or SSDs, WiFi card, Ethernet port (Intel, Realtek, etc.).

Try a different Ethernet cable to the server. Try a different Ethernet Port. Test all combinations.

Does the transfer fail when going from the server to the NUC? What about transferring between other devices, do the errors still occur?

Does the router "sometimes reboots" also at other, unnoticed, times? What's /jffs/syslog.log* look like about that?

Is the power all the way up to the unit's connector stable?

When the transfer speed drop when doing an ethernet to ethernet transfer I saw this in the logs:

Oct 28 12:25:53 kernel: sched: RT throttling activated
Oct 28 12:25:55 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 42
Oct 28 12:25:56 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 40
Oct 28 12:26:01 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 42
Oct 28 12:26:04 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 42
Oct 28 12:26:08 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 242
Oct 28 12:26:10 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 42
Oct 28 12:26:10 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 42
Oct 28 12:26:11 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 08
Oct 28 12:26:16 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 02
Oct 28 12:26:20 kernel: NOHZ: local_softirq_pending 42

I have installed Merlin but still the same problem but I have only tested ethernet. I have noticed that when the write speed crashes core 1 goes to 99% usage.

I have installed Merlin but still the same problem but I have only tested ethernet. I have noticed that when the write speed crashes core 1 goes to 99% usage.
There is a new stock firmware with a lot of fixes.
Maybe your issue is listed.

It didn't install then.

Try again.

Or, perform a full reset, flash it, then minimally and manually configure it to connect to your ISP and secure the router.

Do not use a saved backup config file.

I had to to factory reset it and then applied the firmware and this seemed to have worked.

I did restore it with a saved backup config file. The router still seems to work.

If you have any further (unexplainable/easily searched on these forums) glitches, know that the fastest way to a stable network will be to do another full reset and then a minimal and manual configuration.

I have installed the new fimrware but the router keeps returning back to the lastest beta one automatically!
Uncheck you want to receive beta versions.

w.jpg

I did restore it with a saved backup config file.
Backup from the beta should not be reused as you could be reloading things into the config of the router that are no longer valid or conflict with the latest version.
Or your backup could be corrupted and is contributing to your issues.

I have a new PC with a Realtek 2.5Gb ethernet and Killer AX1675 wifi module and the speed crash keeps happening on both. I have installed the latest official firmware for the Asus. I have noticed that Core 1 is at 99%.

What is happening???

Most likely? Realtek and Killer (software).

I have a new PC with a Realtek 2.5Gb ethernet and Killer AX1675 wifi module and the speed crash keeps happening on both. I have installed the latest official firmware for the Asus. I have noticed that Core 1 is at 99%.

What is happening???
2.5gb nic has that issue like Intel and Realtek. Unintall Killer Lan Software.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!