What's new

ASUS ZenWifi AX XT8 - Only some devices lose WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chaithi

New Around Here
Hello all. I've had some major issues with the XT8.

I have the main router and one node that's hardwired in.

Current firmware: 3.0.0.4.388_23285
Have 3 SSIDs, one on 2.4, and two on 5 GHz.

Late last year, we had some devices that would suddenly drop WiFi, but most others would remain without issue. It was primarily our Apple devices that would be affected. Sometimes our Pixel phones, as well. But, most of our other devices (TVs, Echos, etc) remained connected with out issue.

We get various errors when trying to connect while this is happening. Password isn't correct (though it is), Cannot Connect, etc.

Sometimes rebooting the router works, other times it doesn't. But, usually if we wait a few hours, everything starts working again.

Back in December, it was happening so frequently, I completely factory reset everything and it's been working smoothly since, until two days ago. Now, the same situation is happening again.

Reviewing threads on here, I tried a number of things, such as changing the Control Channels and Channel Bandwidth, but to no avail.

I really do not want to have to spend hours on factory resetting everything and reconfiguring every quarter. Has anyone else had this issue and came up with a solve? If not, please recommend a good replacement that is relatively hassle free. I got the mesh because I have to place the main router at one end of our house and when we get to the other end, signal gets a bit spotty.

Hello all. I've had some major issues with the XT8.

I have the main router and one node that's hardwired in.

Current firmware: 3.0.0.4.388_23285
Have 3 SSIDs, one on 2.4, and two on 5 GHz.

Late last year, we had some devices that would suddenly drop WiFi, but most others would remain without issue. It was primarily our Apple devices that would be affected. Sometimes our Pixel phones, as well. But, most of our other devices (TVs, Echos, etc) remained connected with out issue.

We get various errors when trying to connect while this is happening. Password isn't correct (though it is), Cannot Connect, etc.

Sometimes rebooting the router works, other times it doesn't. But, usually if we wait a few hours, everything starts working again.

Back in December, it was happening so frequently, I completely factory reset everything and it's been working smoothly since, until two days ago. Now, the same situation is happening again.

Reviewing threads on here, I tried a number of things, such as changing the Control Channels and Channel Bandwidth, but to no avail.

I really do not want to have to spend hours on factory resetting everything and reconfiguring every quarter. Has anyone else had this issue and came up with a solve? If not, please recommend a good replacement that is relatively hassle free. I got the mesh because I have to place the main router at one end of our house and when we get to the other end, signal gets a bit spotty.

Complete reset and install 3004.388.5-gnuton1 firmware