What's new

AsusMerlin Update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sebchr

New Around Here
Hello,

I would like to updatemy Asus Router. But the version 378.5* requires a factory reset. I have two questions :
- Factory reset is required before or after updating ?
- Is there a way to print whole configuration before updating (for example, is there a way concataning Wifi configuration, Dhcp configuration, DNS configuration...)

Thanks

Wouldn't restoring settings defeat the purpose of Factory Default settings?
Hi,

No, it would not!
The purpose of Factory Default is to reset hidden system settings! Unfortunatly the user settings are also lost by this.
The purpose of the NVRAM Restore Utility is to mimic the entering of the user settings!

Got the difference? :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

No, it would not!
The purpose of Factory Default is to reset hidden system settings! Unfortunatly the user settings are also lost by this.
The purpose of the NVRAM Restore Utility is to mimic the entering of the user settings!

Got the difference? :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:
Yea, Thx!:]

Wouldn't restoring settings defeat the purpose of Factory Default settings?

I wish I could be more clear about this but I do not know how. The GUI is where I quote my terms and phrasing from. The button is labeled "Restore" and the section is named "Factory default".

I said to "restore the 'Factory default' settings", not "restore the settings." (You are not the first to be confused by my directions.:()