What's new

Web proxy running locally on ASUS Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

egrigolon

New Around Here
Hello.

First of all, my knowledge about networks and routers is minimal. Perhaps the thread title isn't correct.
Let me try to explain what I need/want to do.

My company recently started blocking URL access using Windows Defender.
No matter where I am, access to those websites is blocked at the OS level.

I want to be able to navigate freely while at home.
Of course, there are tons of online web proxies out there that can hide the URL.
But I don't want to run into the issue of my favorite web proxy being blocked as well.

So, I thought that perhaps there's a solution where I can run my web proxy locally.

In other words, I want to access (example) https://10.0.0.2:xxxx/ and type the URL I want to access behind the proxy so I can navigate without being blocked.
Something like https://www.startpage.com/ or whatever.

Is there something like that out of the box? Or that requires a bit of step-by-step to make it work?
Or perhaps a clever solution that I'm not aware of?

Please explain to me if I were 8 years old (which I'm not, most of the time).

Thank you!!

Edit: I have an RT-AX88U router running asusmerlin and I have access to amtm and stuff.

If you're asking how to bypass a company-issued device, don't.

Use your personal computer for such. And configure it as you see fit.

Yeah, as well-liked as an employee may otherwise be, bypassing company security measures on a company computer (even at home and for personal use) may well earn a pink slip. Not worth it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!