What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 BETA 4 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot have two devices on a network with the same hostname. That's simply not supported. If they were computers, the OS would refuse to use the hostname, reporting that a duplicate name exists on the network.

This build still uses the build 270 wireless driver, as I need more feedback. It seems like there not one single wireless driver that works best for everyone... Build 220 had average performance across the board, 246/260 were giving issues to half of the users, and 270 fixed issues for some but create other issues for others. So at this point I still broader feedback on this build 270 driver.

Hi Merlin,
I followed your reccomandations about WiFi and I have no issues at all in connecting my RT-N66U with BETA3 to:

Lenovo X220
iMac
Apple iPhone4
Apple iPod touch 1st gen
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung smart Blue-ray player
Netgear WiFi repeater WN2000
D-LINK cameras DCS-932
Acer A500 tablet

and occasionaly all the WiFi devices that my friends bring into my home.

Again, congratulation for your excellent job.
Hope this feedback will help.

No issues with the wireless driver at my end, but my setup is pretty basic without exotic bits of hardware.

I loaded the b4 firmware 2 days ago and the wired internet is ok
but the wireless Part has gone down 4 times since then (2.4 & 5 ghz)
I didn't have the issue with b3
It said I had an internet connection but no dns
thanks

I loaded the b4 firmware 2 days ago and the wired internet is ok
but the wireless Part has gone down 4 times since then (2.4 & 5 ghz)
I didn't have the issue with b3
It said I had an internet connection but no dns
thanks

The wireless driver is exactly the same in beta 3 and beta 4, so it must be something at your end.

B4 Stable

I have a lot of Apple devices and orher devices working at the moment no issues.

Wireless
3 RedEye
4 iPhones
4 iPads
1 MacBook Pro Retina
1 Apple TV
1 Airport Express
1 Powerbook
1 PS Vita
1 Nintendo WII
4 iP Cameras

Wired
1 iMac 27
1 Sony Bluray
3 Samsung Blurays
3 Samsung TV's
2 Apple TV
1 Playstation 3
1 Time Capsule
1 Automantion equip.
And some other.

FTP is working, VPN is working, no drops.

The beta 4 firmware is stabble in the last 3 days, wired and wireless, I have made a clean install and config. No issues to be noticed. Interestingly I instaled download master in this version again ver. 3.1.0.59 but the firmware for some reason does not encounter the update untill now to ver. 3.1.0.75 that is the last one in the official Asus firmware 270.

I think Download Master not finding update is an asus BUG more than Asuswrt B4.

Last edited:
Beta 3 and 4 working great on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz with a ea-66u and about 10 devices 4 on 5 ghz and 6 on 2.4ghz...Also have a 3tb external that 2 pivos boxes connect to as well ..oh I have the ac66u router. ..Only Android devices, I see some people having issues with apple products or something. .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have a mix of Win 7, Android and iOS devices hooked, some wired, many wireless to the RT-N66U and everything looks ok. The only strange thing is the fact that almost every time I click on "refresh" in the "Client status" section of the Network Map I get a different quantity of devices...

wireless part disconnected at beta3

...Once but nasty. yesterady. Jumped to beta 4...Now it is OK, but I was out for the whole day. For me it was 1st time with Merlin builds so far.
Otherwise no problems...

I have a mix of Win 7, Android and iOS devices hooked, some wired, many wireless to the RT-N66U and everything looks ok. The only strange thing is the fact that almost every time I click on "refresh" in the "Client status" section of the Network Map I get a different quantity of devices...

I have similar experience, if I click fast on Clients or Refresh I see different quantity of devices.

Also I now experience that the all our devices, which were in the house for >2 hours, are included in the Client list, but an Iphone4 and Android/Samsung Gal II (connected < 1 hour) were visible in the wireless log and dhcp leases log, but not included in the Client status... nevertheless I refreshed many times.

Merlin, will you be released any more updates for RT-N16 or no? I believe I am running 3.0.0.4.266 23b

Build 24 will be available for the N16 once it's out of beta. I preferred to focus on betatesting on the N66U/AC66U since those are the two devices that I own.

I have similar experience, if I click fast on Clients or Refresh I see different quantity of devices.

Also I now experience that the all our devices, which were in the house for >2 hours, are included in the Client list, but an Iphone4 and Android/Samsung Gal II (connected < 1 hour) were visible in the wireless log and dhcp leases log, but not included in the Client status... nevertheless I refreshed many times.

When you click on Refresh, the router starts a process that doesn't immediately complete. Wait a minute or two after clicking on refresh, more devices can automatically start appearing at the scan process progresses.

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue of missing devices yet. There's a lot of variables however in the Networkmap display, so it could occur under only very specific circumstances.

For everyone with this issue, are missing devices usually devices with a static DHCP reservation + name, or fully dynamic?

Last edited:
Hi Merlin, bad news, after reboot my router the dns resolution does not work.

Code:
>nslookup ts11.test.local
Server:  www.asusnetwork.net
Address:  192.168.1.1

*** ts11.busse.local wurde von www.asusnetwork.net nicht gefunden: Non-existent
domain.

>nslookup ts11.test.local  128.39.51.1
Server:  dc3.test.local
Address:  128.39.51.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
Name:    ts11.test.local
Address:  128.39.51.21

nameserver 128.39.51.1
search test.local

nameserver 212.6.108.142
nameserver 212.6.64.15
The resolf.conf ist correct but dnsmaq dont use it.

Hi Merlin, bad news, after reboot my router the dns resolution does not work.

Code:
>nslookup ts11.test.local
Server:  www.asusnetwork.net
Address:  192.168.1.1

*** ts11.busse.local wurde von www.asusnetwork.net nicht gefunden: Non-existent
domain.

>nslookup ts11.test.local  128.39.51.1
Server:  dc3.test.local
Address:  128.39.51.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
Name:    ts11.test.local
Address:  128.39.51.21

nameserver 128.39.51.1
search test.local

nameserver 212.6.108.142
nameserver 212.6.64.15
The resolf.conf ist correct but dnsmaq dont use it.

resolv.conf is irrelevant in this case, as you are trying to resolve a local TLD, not a public TLD. Only the local dnsmasq can resolve it, and it will only occur if the device has renewed its DHCP lease since the last time the router was booted.

Yes, indeed...
Yes, indeed...I just noticed the (same) nickname... ;-)
When you click on Refresh, the router starts a process that doesn't immediately complete. Wait 1 minute or two after clicking on refresh, more devices can automatically start appearing at the scan process progresses.
I don't see that as a problem, I was just reporting about the observation. As you mentioned, it takes 1 minute or 2 to get back the full list after asking for a refresh. That said, all my devices are there: Win 7, iOS, Android, linux.

GH

For everyone with this issue, are missing devices usually devices with a static DHCP reservation + name, or fully dynamic?

In a previous post, I mentioned that I have the same MAC address listed twice in the Client status with different IP addresses. 1 is shown with the host name and the other with its mac address. This is my digital tv box with wifi router functionality included. It creates a wifi connection to my asus router and makes a dhcp reservation of 19 IP addresses in asus router. I see the list of 19 reservations in my dhcp leases log.

To continue on the issue of the client status. I had given the MAC address, which is shown twice in the Client list, a host name and fixed IP address last weekend.
What happened: in the client list I only saw this device 1 time. Found out that my ipad was also not displayed today, next to the other 2 phones.
I now removed the mac address (shown twice in client status) from the dhcp reservation list with fixed IP and device name.

Result: after the router re-boot, the same mac address is shown twice again and my ipad was displayed immediately.
Looks like a kind of conflict in the client status??

Maybe my situation is a bit unique with this digital tv box, having the same mac address twice in the client status, but in the dhcp leases log, these IP addresses have mac addresses with the last 2 characters being different making them unique...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!