What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.45 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Enable name resolution under Tools -> Other Settings.

I forgot to mention that this setting is enabled.

1scx75.jpg

Hello Merlin,

11 days of uptime with this great firmware without any issues.

I was wondering If you could help me fix a small issue.
In firmware 374.43_2 I was used to see the Nated hostname under the Connections tab (System log).

I noticed in firmware 376.45_0 only the IPadress of the host is shown.
Any idea in how I can resolve the hostname?

374.43_2
353b1hj.jpg

376.45_0
2ijq24z.jpg

Thank you in advance.

I noticed this behavior a while ago too. The NATed address hostnames do not appear any more even with "resolve IPs..." enabled. The destination address hostnames still work. RT-AC66U with 376.45.

Last edited:
I noticed this behavior a while ago too. The NATed address hostnames do not appear any more even with "resolve IPs..." enabled. The destination address hostnames still work. RT-AC66U with 376.45.

The router's local DNS are your ISP's, which is why it's unable to resolve local addresses.

Changing this would open a can of worms regarding other (more critical) features in the router, so this is unlikely to change.

The router's local DNS are your ISP's, which is why it's unable to resolve local addresses.

Changing this would open a can of worms regarding other (more critical) features in the router, so this is unlikely to change.

Hi Merlin,

Is this a change in the new firmware? I just spent some time restoring all to factory default, and reloaded 374.43-2.
Local adresses have their hostname within seconds (quick setup wizard, and just enable Resolve IP).

Same trick with 374.45 (factory reset, quick setup, enable Resolve IP) will not show the local hostnames.

Do you perhaps know if there's a way to show the hostname at the connections tab? Hostname IS shown at DHCP tab and General log file.

Thanx

Very good release

I can confirm after about a month that .45 is a really good firmware for my need on AC68U. SAMBA it's ok minidlna finally works without issues and speeds seems right for me (althout I haven't done speed test, the WAN speed are at least on par with my 20/10 provider connection and LAN speed are good (about 11MB/s with two PC wirless N with SSD and Gigabit seems at its maximum. Coverage is on par, if not better than before.

Hello Merlin,

After reading your comment again it made me change /etc/resolv.conf

In addition of the default nameservers I've added the routers local Ipadress.
Almost direct the nameresolving on the connectiontab was working again.

Am I -in any way- creating a stupid mistake now? ;-)

Hello Merlin,

After reading your comment again it made me change /etc/resolv.conf

In addition of the default nameservers I've added the routers local Ipadress.
Almost direct the nameresolving on the connectiontab was working again.

Am I -in any way- creating a stupid mistake now? ;-)

I don't remember the reason for the change, or when it changed.

Fork 374.43 V3 much better firmware and more powerful than latest Asus and Merlin versions. WiFi signal, on 376.45, especially 5GHz AC very weak and muffled.:mad: I guess 374.43 is it for now. :D I can live without all the fancy GUI and CPU usage graphs.:rolleyes:

Fork 374.43 V3 much better firmware and more powerful than latest Asus and Merlin versions. WiFi signal, on 376.45, especially 5GHz AC very weak and muffled.:mad: I guess 374.43 is it for now. :D I can live without all the fancy GUI and CPU usage graphs.:rolleyes:

For the 68U the latest firmware works good but i have to agree the GUI is nothing more then eye candy. What purpose does it really serve ? After all who spends there time looking inside the GUI unless there is a problem. :rolleyes:

Upgraded to this version of the merlin firmware for the latest stock firmware by asus... Everything is working fine. The only thing I noticed is that in the wireless log some of the RSSI values next to the client names show as positive numbers (except one) on the 2.4 Ghz band but all show negative on the 5Ghz band...don't know how to interpret those numbers

Last edited:
Asus RT-AC68U. The last one firmware. All setups is from the scratch. Why if I set here http://note.io/1pQ8fb0 chanel 64 (for example) here http://note.io/1qj9AgD I will have everything, but not that channel? And EVERY time I reboot router the channel changes. Why?
Earlier I used router, setup a channel, bandwidth and no matter what the same channel, the same bandwidth.

Asus RT-AC68U. The last one firmware. All setups is from the scratch. Why if I set here http://note.io/1pQ8fb0 chanel 64 (for example) here http://note.io/1qj9AgD I will have everything, but not that channel? And EVERY time I reboot router the channel changes. Why?
Earlier I used router, setup a channel, bandwidth and no matter what the same channel, the same bandwidth.

I don't understand what you are trying to show here. That second screenshot does show your router running on Channel 64 as its primary.

Yes. Primary. But devices connected to the 58 channel.

A 80 MHz "channel" spans from 58 to 64. So it's the same thing - the router uses that whole chunk of band to communicate. Whether it's reported as connecting to 58 or to 64 simply depends on how a client chooses to report it.

That's why Broadcom talks about chanspecs now instead of actual "primary + extension" channels like you might be used with the old 2.4 GHz band. They will report the "base" channel, and its width, which can go upward or downward from that base channel.

Hello Merlin,

Yesterday I noticed new Source code for MIPS N66U 3.0.0.4.376.2524
I Hope you implement this in your Source in your next FW release ( now i use your 376.47 alpha 2 ) 376.48 maybe.

Of course after you finish implement and test GPL 376_2678 (from RT-AC87 release)
and wait users review about 3.0.0.4.376.2524

Hello Merlin,

Yesterday I noticed new Source code for MIPS N66U 3.0.0.4.376.2524
I Hope you implement this in your Source in your next FW release ( now i use your 376.47 alpha 2 ) 376.48 maybe.

Of course after you finish implement and test GPL 376_2678 (from RT-AC87 release)
and wait users review about 3.0.0.4.376.2524

2524 is older than 2678.

Merlin can i ask you a question

The 376.46 FW from your site is based on the latest 87U asus FW?

Thanks man

Merlin can i ask you a question

The 376.46 FW from your site is based on the latest 87U asus FW?

Thanks man

No, it's based on 376_2061, while the latest FW is 376_2678.

The GPL version used is always mentionned at the start of the README, as well as in the changelog section.

2524 is older than 2678.

Sorry Merlin,

I think specific source code need for specific router model not for all model line.
I review folders on git and see only one folder has 2678 code
Code:
src-rt-6.x.4708       Merge with GPL 376_2678 (from RT-AC87 release)

not src-rt-6.x from i compile FW for my N66U

Ver 376.44 & 376.45 Channel Defaults to 36

I have 2 - Asus RT-AC66's which are running .43 Asus-Merlin firmware. I installed .45 firmware on both routers and did a complete reboot and nvram purge. Because of the change to the power settings I was evaluating the routers signals and found that the 5GHz broadcast channel on both routers was 36 even though I set one router to channel 149 and the other to 161. I rechecked and saved the settings to ensure that I set the channels correctly and even checked the icon in the upper right corner of the GUI which indicated that the broadcast channels were what I set but the other routers kept detecting that they were both broadcasting on channel 36. :confused:

I reset the routers and flashed .44 firmware to determine if it was just the .45 build. The .44 build did the same thing (default broadcast channel to 36). :mad:

I rebooted the routers and flashed the .43 firmware and I was back to broadcasting on the channels I set (149 & 161). :) I noticed that another post about 5-6 back seemed to have the same problem (hard to tell since the post was from someone that had difficulty communicating in the English language). Is this just a bug in the firmware that will be addressed?

I also noticed, as have many others, that the .44 & .45 firmware do dramatically curtail the power output of the radios. I don't crank them to the max but I do set my 5GHz radios to 130mW since I need to penetrate multiple walls. I understand that it is VERY unlikely that this will ever change back to the higher power output. :mad:

I like some of the new features of the .44 and .45 firmware but not enough to give up the ability to adjust the power for my needs. I just downloaded the .43 fork firmware and I'll give that a try. If that doesn't work, I think I'll stick with the Asus-Merlin .43 build and sacrifice some features to help minimize security exploits.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!