What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.45 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Seems I'm not the only one with some stability problems on this FW version (376.45)

Experiencing dropouts, and unstable 2.4Ghz speeds.

The RT-AC66U driver has been unchanged since October 2013.

There has to be something up with the Asus and their firmware of late.:confused:

Now, my new AC68U with stock firmware....the 5ghz wifi just acted up. Link rate still normal, but practically no throughput. Speedtest over wifi only showed 1-5mbps....wired shows my full 50 down. File transfer over wifi barley work and get about 1-3MB's.

I restarted the wifi via toggling the "Enable Radio" option under professional page. That seems to fix it...for now.

Edit: An hour or so after I posted this....happened again. Rebooted router this time.

Edit2: Found thread for the ac68U current firmware: http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=18687

Last edited:
Yes it seems to be, im not really sure how to submit it to asus, not sure if merlin might be able to do anything about it. had the problem with a 4tb Samsung D3 external drive, rolled back to 374 and is working fine again
RT-AC68U

is this the bug from firmware , 376.45 happened in 376.44 too, never had this on 374.43

ntfsck 3014.5.21
Checking NTFS Superblock ...
Device name : /dev/sda1
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size : 4096 bytes
Current volume size: 4000774619136 bytes (4000775 MB)
Current device size: 4000774619136 bytes (4000775 MB)
Checking for bad sectors ...
Scanning $MFT ...
Checking directory structure ...
Checking for orphaned files ...
0.00 percent completed
9.46 percent completed
18.92 percent completed
28.38 percent completed
37.84 percent completed
47.30 percent completed
56.76 percent completed
66.23 percent completed
75.69 percent completed
85.15 percent completed
94.61 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Scanning orphaned files completed.
Checking attributes ...
0.00 percent completed
9.46 percent completed
18.92 percent completed
28.38 percent completed
37.84 percent completed
47.30 percent completed
56.76 percent completed
66.23 percent completed
75.69 percent completed
85.15 percent completed
94.61 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Failed to calloc 122093952 bytes: Cannot allocate memory
Checking cluster allocation ...
ERROR(12): Failed to setup allocation bitmap: Cannot allocate memory
Syncing device ...

ntfsck 3014.5.21
Checking NTFS Superblock ...
Device name : /dev/sda2
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size : 4096 bytes
Current volume size: 4000708558848 bytes (4000709 MB)
Current device size: 4000708558848 bytes (4000709 MB)
Checking for bad sectors ...
Scanning $MFT ...
Checking directory structure ...
Checking for orphaned files ...
0.00 percent completed
9.78 percent completed
19.55 percent completed
29.33 percent completed
39.10 percent completed
48.88 percent completed
58.65 percent completed
68.43 percent completed
78.20 percent completed
87.98 percent completed
97.75 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Scanning orphaned files completed.
Checking attributes ...
0.00 percent completed
9.78 percent completed
19.55 percent completed
29.33 percent completed
39.10 percent completed
48.88 percent completed
58.65 percent completed
68.43 percent completed
78.20 percent completed
87.98 percent completed
97.75 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Failed to calloc 122091936 bytes: Cannot allocate memory
Checking cluster allocation ...
ERROR(12): Failed to setup allocation bitmap: Cannot allocate memory
Syncing device ...

Smart Sync FTP provider

hello,
i have an ASUS RT-AC68U with firmware version 376.45_0 merlin.
I've seen that I can use smart sync with a ftp server.
i've read this guide : http://asusnw-faq-en.blogspot.tw/2014/07/sync-setup-smart-sync-with-ftp-server.html

but in my router i can't see the ftp provider. i have only webstorage and dropbox.

does anyone have any idea why?
I also tried to install the latest official firmware but with it i can only see websotrage.

Isn't the power for. 44 and above reduced? That's what I noticed. Range is not as good

it wasn't reduced. It was simply limited to the original default value of 80 mW.

hello,
i have an ASUS RT-AC68U with firmware version 376.45_0 merlin.
I've seen that I can use smart sync with a ftp server.
i've read this guide : http://asusnw-faq-en.blogspot.tw/2014/07/sync-setup-smart-sync-with-ftp-server.html

but in my router i can't see the ftp provider. i have only webstorage and dropbox.

does anyone have any idea why?
I also tried to install the latest official firmware but with it i can only see websotrage.

FTP and SMB syncing is a feature in development, it's not enabled yet probably because they haven't finalized it.

Thanks.
So to write the guide that I posted, they have used some beta?
Which one?

Beats me. As I said, the code is there, just not enabled yet. Could be a FAQ that they are preparing ahead of launch, seeing it's published on a blog rather than on their main website.

Today i noticed a serious issue with wlan speed. I am not sure how long that problem already exists. 'Once upon a time' i had a rock solid wlan connection on 5Ghz band. Speed rates of >80Mb on a 100Mb fiber connection was normal.
Today i measured nothing higher than approx 35Mb. With a cable connection instead of wifi the rate went u to 93Mb.

So i fiddled with the channel settings. Since i live in the EU / Netherlands the channels on 5Ghz are limited to the lower ones. With various posts i tried to let the asus behave as was positioned in the US. Fot some reason when i reboot the setting is comming back to EU. SO no higher channels right now.

What is the trick with the current firmware version to let the device think it is positioned in a country with less strict regulations on 5Ghz ?

I know the law, and the issues with certification etc. In my home i will no one bother when the device acts as its in the US. And the speed is sometimes very handy.

Hope someone can help,

Grz

Beats me. As I said, the code is there, just not enabled yet. Could be a FAQ that they are preparing ahead of launch, seeing it's published on a blog rather than on their main website.

Thank you. I need to synchronize a folder with an ftp server. Do you know how could I do?

Maximum speed

I am just stuck in one maybe for many users in this forum simple question: does my router gain the maximum speed it capable with. I read a lot of stuff about channels lock and other stuff here and other forums. I use Asus RT-AC68U router with Merlin 376.45 firmware. How can I understand that settings for my router is the best and I have the best speed/performance? Every body talking about mystical 866 and 1300. What is that correctly? Where do you watch this and how do you test this? What settings on my router myst be switched ON that I can see this numbers (and where)?
I made a little test. I got two devices: Moto X and Nexus 5. Both connected to my 5GHz wireless network. The Link Speed on my Nexus 5 is 81 Mbps http://note.io/1rIJQvr and the SpeedTest results are 90/65 http://note.io/1oxEoE5 . Actually my speed by ISP is 85/85. My Moto X Link Speed is 175 Mbps http://note.io/1oxEAmF according to Android settings. And the SpeedTest results are 43/31 http://note.io/1oxEQC6 . It's about twice as slow. So what is all about?
I found, that my Nexus 5 has BCM4339 Broadcom chip and has support of LDPC, TxBF and 256-QAM whatever all of this means and 1 Streams. According to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ac information. Moto X has WCN3680 Qualcomm chip and support the same options. And the chip is newer I thought. But why is the speed is lower? Why it is not competitive?

Dont use phones and tablets to test wifi they wont achieve the best speeds due to the radios and antennas they use are not the best quality. Even when i had extreme internet here 125/25 my ipad 2 would only max at 53mbps were my desktops and laptops with n900 wifi adapters would reach full 450 link rates and full speeds my connection could offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont use phones and tablets to test wifi they wont achieve the best speeds due to the radios and antennas they use are not the best quality. Even when i had extreme internet here 125/25 my ipad 2 would only max at 53mbps were my desktops and laptops with n900 wifi adapters would reach full 450 link rates and full speeds my connection could offer.

I got macbook. What should I do to test?

I got macbook. What should I do to test?

Not familiar with Macbook what kind of wifi card does it contain ? One has to understand when it comes to wifi the router is only 50% of the equation the other 50% is the wifi card/adapter its communicating with.

Not familiar with Macbook what kind of wifi card does it contain ? One has to understand when it comes to wifi the router is only 50% of the equation the other 50% is the wifi card/adapter its communicating with.

AirPort card %)
At the heart of the card we find a Broadcom BCM4360, which enables operation on the 5 GHz band at speeds up to 1.3 Gbps and communication via Bluetooth 4.0.
Also on the board is a Skyworks SE5516 dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WLAN front-end module.
According to this https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Air+13-Inch+Mid+2013+Teardown/15042 teardown.

I had to move back to Fork's .43 build as I need the ability to increase the Tx power beyond 80Mw. I have seen many folks with similiar comments. I am no programmer, but is there any way to revise that TX slider to go up to 200%, for those of us needing more mW? Or is that a 'closed' bit of the code?

5GHz : only showing 36 to 48 control channel?

Hi,
I live in France so in EU... but avaible control channel for me are only from 36 to 48 :eek:

If I take a look at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

allowed channels in Europe for 5GHz WIFI are :

36 40 44 48 52 56 60 64 100 104 108 112 116 120 124 128 132 136 140 :eek:

Do I need to set something special (Professional settings?) in order to see these channels?

Thanks

EDIT : forget to say that I did a full clean install and also sent via putty
mtd-erase -d nvram
, unplugged, rebooted.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!