What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.53 on AC87U (experiencing problems)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cowboy175

New Around Here
I installed Asuswrt-Merlin for the first time on my AC87U router. After the installation I did a reset just to be sure everything is fine and manually configured the settings again.

My Problem is that the Merlin firmware is not responsive as the Asus firmware. Sometimes when I click on Adaptive QoS or Traffic Analyzer I have to wait a long time or refresh the page because it freezes on me. I am using Chrome browser and the HTTPS settings.

Is someone else also experiencing this problem ?

I installed Asuswrt-Merlin for the first time on my AC87U router. After the installation I did a reset just to be sure everything is fine and manually configured the settings again.

My Problem is that the Merlin firmware is not responsive as the Asus firmware. Sometimes when I click on Adaptive QoS or Traffic Analyzer I have to wait a long time or refresh the page because it freezes on me. I am using Chrome browser and the HTTPS settings.

Is someone else also experiencing this problem ?

Try exactly the same thing but without the HTTPS settings and let us know if you can still feel a difference. and if yes, let us know to what Asus firmware version you are comparing this to. Have you also tried to flash back the Asus firmware to see if it is still as fast as it was?

As the webUI is normally showing up lightning fast when using HTTP, I would suspect that this has something to do with the fact that you're using HTTPS to access the UI.

I assume you have cleared your browser's cache and cookies after swapping the Asus firmware for Merlin?

JFFS is enabled.

Interesting is that in Internet Explorer everything is going really fast. But in Chrome Beta even after I cleared the catch I experience sometimes slow-downs.

When looking at the Temperature values I have: 2.4 GHz: 47°C - 5 GHz: 56°C - CPU: 77°C
Is this normal ? I disabled 5 GHz but still the temperature is 56°C, why ?

It's normal
5GHz subsystem still work when radio is off.

It's normal
5GHz subsystem still work when radio is off.
.. thanks for this. How do we do to completely switch it off ?
GS

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!