What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why releasing 378.56 FW with a supported model (RT-N66U) not being included, why not waiting on Beta for the missing files?

Doesnt make too much sense to me, but thats only my opinion.

Last edited:
Weird, on my RT-AC68U. After upgraded the firmware to 378.56, factory reset and restore settings using johnfork tools.

- Overclocking does not work anymore. It works on 378.55 previously.
- Tx power adjustment is still available.

On OC check for bogomips instead.

TX power adjustments via WEBUI?

Hi. I found a problem when editing PF with some ports in the definition. see uploaded file.

Basically, when editing the setup for a PF setting with a number of ports that goes off field, the "..." that is visualized is then also considered in the edited field...

thanks,

M

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    103 KB · Views: 250
http://hostname bug
use http://ip until asus or merlin fix it
I can confirm this for my AC87U and AC68U as well. They were fine on 378.55 accessing via hostname and ip. But on 378.56 (also on the stock 9177/9135), accessing hostname will randomly boot you our from the gui but accessing via ip is fine.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Merlin, no problems at all!

After upgrading to 378.56 wan stays disconnected (ppoe to vlan 6, movistar spain)

378.55 and official 9177 connect without problem.

I've tried with and without factory reset and also manual and movistar profiles with no success.

I've read an user in adslzone.net with the same problem with 378.56 beta 2

RT-AC87U

Last edited:
I also noticed that changing the icon in network Map for a device, using a custom one, sometimes the router resets from 3%, cutting the connection, sometimes it doesn't, starting from 20% and no downtime.... strange

Updated and I got the following error message regarding NTP time server;

* Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server..

Edit: To add, if I attempt to change the NTP server and click 'apply', I get booted out of the GUI and gotta log in again.

Why releasing 378.56 FW with a supported model (RT-N66U) not being included, why not waiting on Beta for the missing files?

Doesnt make too much sense to me, but thats only my opinion.

Because I've already given them two weeks to release them. I'm not delaying a release for 5 models because the 6th one isn't available. When they closed down the additional components, I had already decided that I would move to staggered releases, as I expect it will be almost impossible from now on to update all models at once, since Asus almost never does it themselves. I will always be missing components from some models.

I can confirm this for my AC87U and AC68U as well. They were fine on 378.55 accessing via hostname and ip. But on 378.56 (also on the stock 9177/9135), accessing hostname will randomly boot you our from the gui but accessing via ip is fine.

I've done all my development/tests by accessing my routers through their hostnames, and never encountered the issue.

Edit: To add, if I attempt to change the NTP server and click 'apply', I get booted out of the GUI and gotta log in again.

Any change to the System page will cause that, because it's the page that also contains all the settings for username, password, webui ports, etc... That's normal.

Any change to the System page will cause that, because it's the page that also contains all the settings for username, password, webui ports, etc... That's normal.

Ah ok. Makes sense. :)

Still no idea whats going on with the NTP server thou. Will keep an eye on it.

Other then that NTP time issue and a wonky DLNA (which has been since a couple of firmwares back) everything else seems AOK!

And this isn't said often enough Merlin, Thank you for all your time and effort putting out this firmware. It is really appreciated! :)

Ah ok. Makes sense. :)

Still no idea whats going on with the NTP server thou. Will keep an eye on it.

Other then that NTP time issue and a wonky DLNA (which has been since a couple of firmwares back) everything else seems AOK!

And this isn't said often enough Merlin, Thank you for all your time and effort putting out this firmware. It is really appreciated! :)

Look in the beta thread for the solution, at a guess your are logging dns queries to a usb stick? (NTP)

This is possibly the first firmware for the 87U that is stable in regards to 5 GHz? No problems so far at my end.
Thank you so much for your hard work Merlin. You rock! :)

Hi,

No problem here with AC68U. Gonna test AC87U later. But so far so good. Good work Merlin :)

I have a extrange behaviour.

If i connect my phone directly to ac66u device appears on ac66u clients list, on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz but if i connect my phone to tp-link 2.4ghz ap or ea-ac87 5ghz ap them the device dissapears from list.

I have one computer and other phone connected to tp-link 2.4ghz ap and ac66u show that devices, the only that dissapears it my phone. On 378-55 my phone is showed correctly on client list connected to ap.

Devices connected to ap´s are showed on ac66u how lan devices and no wifi devices, i readed time ago that its works that way and i have no problem with that.

My phone is a galaxy s3 with cm12.1 Any idea?

Look in the beta thread for the solution, at a guess your are logging dns queries to a usb stick? (NTP)

Saw the beta thread, didn't see anything except for someone else having the same issue that was resolved by changing the server and a reboot? That didn't work for me.

And no, no logging dns queries to a usb stick.

This is possibly the first firmware for the 87U that is stable in regards to 5 GHz? No problems so far at my end.
Thank you so much for your hard work Merlin. You rock! :)

That's all Asus's and Quantenna's there. They are slowly making progress with the Quantenna-specific issues. Biggest issue left for them to solve now is the power drain some devices experience with the new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!