What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMerlin, I understand that you can't look at any problems that you cannot reproduce but I am, too, getting kicked out of the GUI on my AC87u and AC68u with 378.56 when accessing with CUSTOM names to the routers/ap where accessing via their respective IP (and also the default router.asus.com) is fine. This problem is also happening with the newest Asus release for both my AC87u (9177) and AC68u (9135).

And I had tested on my AC68u with emergency firmware restore utility and the problem is still there, and the nvram fix did not fix the problem either.

Currently I am falling back to 378.55 on AC68u (which acting only as AP) and the gui is working fine there with CUSTOM hostname. But my AC87 which stays on 378.56 will boot me randomly off GUI when accessing via CUSTOM hostname. I am also using the default LAN port of 80.

The custom hostname is via lines in hosts.add.

I have no idea
though you arnt running the router as the primary device handing out the range..
which may or may not affect the results

also you binding to port 8080 may affect the results..

atleast 5 people have reported this problem now
as i have said its present in asus's release also on the rt-ac66u

another thing i have noticed
any reason mDNSNetMonitor is running with itunes support disabled?

I have tried to update to the latest build numerous times and keep getting this error - Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again. I have tried downloading from all of the different download locations. I have a rt-ac87r and running 56.beta 2

Remove USB devices connected and reboot first.

You are welcome, if it wasnt one it only could be the other. :)

Thanks for sharing this info. The prize goes to you.

The problem with the overclock persistence caused by refresh_cfe_nvram function. It is located in the closed part of the source code (ate-broadcom).
It's opens /dev/mtd0 (CFE) FLSH area, passes all the variables, and does nvram_set. So clkfreq resets to default values at next boot.
The function is called every time you start the router. We can nvram_get important values prior to call it, then nvram_set after.
In my firmwares this function is simply disabled. It is safe now.

I'm sorry to say no. Still disconnected.
After flashing 9177 with 378.56 settings internet wan connects with no changes in config.

Reverting to 378.55 till further notice,

Send me your boot log, because right now I have no other idea. The VLAN code is totally unchanged from the stock firmware.

another thing i have noticed
any reason mDNSNetMonitor is running with itunes support disabled?

mDNSNetMonitor is just a client Asus added with the 9000 firmware series. It's used by networkmap when analyzing devices on your network. It's unrelated to iTunes support (which use mt-daapd).

hi, i have the same problem on my RT-AC87 i tested with the Meo profile and the manual configuration but get no wan IP.

I checked the vlan config and ports with robocfg show and it's all like it should be .

Note.. It's working correctly on my AC-3200

Also running 378.56? That's interesting...

Can you send be the system log after a fresh boot for both of these routers? Thanks.

VLAN WAN issues:
Anyone not using an RT-AC87U and having that problem?

RMerlin, I understand that you can't look at any problems that you cannot reproduce but I am, too, getting kicked out of the GUI on my AC87u and AC68u with 378.56 when accessing with CUSTOM names to the routers/ap where accessing via their respective IP (and also the default router.asus.com) is fine. This problem is also happening with the newest Asus release for both my AC87u (9177) and AC68u (9135).

And I had tested on my AC68u with emergency firmware restore utility and the problem is still there, and the nvram fix did not fix the problem either.

Currently I am falling back to 378.55 on AC68u (which acting only as AP) and the gui is working fine there with CUSTOM hostname. But my AC87 which stays on 378.56 will boot me randomly off GUI when accessing via CUSTOM hostname. I am also using the default LAN port of 80.

The custom hostname is via lines in hosts.add.

hosts.add might not be the best way to define a router's hostname, because that file might get re-generated when some services get restarted. Try defining it as your router's host name instead, on the LAN page. That's how I have mine configured.

I have installed the test wan build on ac87u, vodafone on vlan 100 stays broken.

Please send me your boot time log. If you're able to provide me with the log with both 378.55 and 378.56 so I can compare them, that'd be ideal. Thanks.

Check your system log for any error message related to NTP or dnsmasq.

Just kept getting constant 'syn is not' error messages amongst other weirdness. Anyways, I bit the bullet and reinstalled the firmware. Still didn't work. Tried changing the NTP server to "206.108.0.131" and that did the trick.

Also, to add, I did not have any custom scripts or edited the dnsmasq in anyway (that I am aware of). Nothing unique in my setup, no ssh, no custom scripts, everything is set up via GUI only.

Will keep an eye on it and report back any issues.

Thanks Merlin!

Could be a regional limitation that was revised by Asus. In any case, regulation controls are outside of my control.

Hi RMerlin,

To not have any limitation, since ~ 2 years i'm using #a:

wl0_country_code=#a
wl1_country_code=#a
size: 49681 bytes (15855 left)
regulation_domain=#a
regulation_domain_5G=#a

Are you in Japan, using a Japan-bought router?
I am in Europe. Channel 13 is legal here. The router is bought in Europe too. I guess this is the old problem: manufacturers main interest is to comply with FCC rules. The rest of the world seems negligible. I prefer channel 13 because it is not crowded.

I am in Europe. Channel 13 is legal here. The router is bought in Europe too. I guess this is the old problem: manufacturers main interest is to comply with FCC rules. The rest of the world seems negligible. I prefer channel 13 because it is not crowded.
My RT-AC56U is also bought here in Europe and I have no such problem, I can select channel 13 just fine. Probably some bug in some of the new closed source components ASUS includes with the source. Nothing @RMerlin can do in this case.

My RT-AC56U is also bought here in Europe and I have no such problem, I can select channel 13 just fine. Probably some bug in some of the new closed source components ASUS includes with the source. Nothing @RMerlin can do in this case.

Yeah - can confirm that. Channel 13 is working perfectly on both my Routers (AC68U / AC87U) in Europe

This should have been fixed already. Can you double check that you are indeed running 378.56 final and not a beta build?
I also have to add that, again, chaning the icon to a custom one, makes the LAN DHCP device name to disappear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!