What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, but it has gotten worse, or that might be a coincidence. Had a few hiccups, but there were 1+ weeks between them. Now the time between problems has been shrunk to <48 hours...
That sounds to me like an Issue on the WAN side have you checked the logs on your modem?

Last edited:
Having a weird issue on our AX88 I can't get my head around. Started recently, but I didn't change anything. Maybe someone else has an idea?

All of a sudden the internet connection drops. WiFi disconnects and can't get a IP address. After a reboot everything is back, which sounds like a memory issue.

Looking in the logs everything starts around the following error:
"failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device"

After that the firewall errors out, tries to restart and fails and quickly after that everything deteriorates. Any idea what can cause this?
Have you tried the latest test firmware? I was having WIFI disconnects on my AX11000 as well but the test fw has fixed my issues:

Yup, but it has gotten worse, or that might be a coincidence. Had a few hiccups, but there were 1+ weeks between them. Now the time between problems has been shrunk to <48 hours...
Start by disabling any add-on scripts that you're using to determine if it's one of them that's the source of the problem. If it is then start enabling them again one by one.

Idem, there's no change to the RT-AC86U wireless driver...

That's what I thought; just describing something I noticed after the firmware update.

Turns out the WiFi module of the device was reset to its setup mode... (most probably totally coincidentally)

Is there any point in moving to the test builds from 386.7 on AC68U as I am not able to experience IPV6 due to ISP. Anything else changed?

Having a weird issue on our AX88 I can't get my head around. Started recently, but I didn't change anything. Maybe someone else has an idea?

All of a sudden the internet connection drops. WiFi disconnects and can't get a IP address. After a reboot everything is back, which sounds like a memory issue.

Looking in the logs everything starts around the following error:
"failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device"

After that the firewall errors out, tries to restart and fails and quickly after that everything deteriorates. Any idea what can cause this?
This has already been reported. I am facing the same on my AX88 too with 386.7. Downgraded to 386.5.2 and it was ok. I am trying the latest 386.7 alpha and it seems to be ok.

This has already been reported. I am facing the same on my AX88 too with 386.7. Downgraded to 386.5.2 and it was ok. I am trying the latest 386.7 alpha and it seems to be ok.

Had this issue not as WAN IP address (IPv4) but as IPv6 issue.
in 386 5 2 it is ok so I retrieved at first, but in latest test build 386 7 1 , works like a charm so far.
I would suggest whoever has any issue on AX88U, it is most likely to be resolved (IPv6 and WIFI mostly) in the latest test build.
In my experience, in 386 7 1 not needed any hard reset to maintain everything, but a simple reboot to the system made it.
A dirty upgrade is done and my system is up and running for about 48h so far, and it is alright.
Also, in 386 7 (alpha etc) I had VOIP adapter issues as well, which are resolved as well in 386 7 1 test build.
Truly recommending to update FW.

@The PyroPath

After 5 Days the 386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb worked smooth and didnt get any errors anymore.
Switching now to the new testbuild 386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0.
1.jpg

Tested both versions "386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb" and "386.7_1-gcbedbbd5b0". Both worked stable (IPv6 and wifi) without errors.
Switched back to "386.7_1-g8fd8deefbb" on router, node and bridge. Seems to be slightly better performance on wifi.

Waiting patiently for next release.

THX @RMerlin

Also, in 386 7 (alpha etc) I had VOIP adapter issues as well, which are resolved as well in 386 7 1 test build.
Truly recommending to update FW.

@The PyroPath

What VOIP adapter issues were you experiencing? I began noticing some things after updating to the release build of 386.7 with my ATA which were resolved by disabling the SIP Passthrough option. The default setting had never been changed in any other f/w.

I don't know if the following is a bug or just the way it's supposed to be:
I've the GT-AX6000 and on 5GHz on auto it's using U-NII-2c (should it be 2-ext?) with a 160MHz bandwidth (verified). All well and good on auto, but in the manual settings for that sub-band the only available selections are 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136 and 140. Is the option to select channels 120, 124, and 128 missing due to a limitation imposed by using 160MHz bandwidth? Also when selecting channels 132, 136, or 140 the router will correctly (UK) allow 80MHz bandwidth covering channel 144 even though it can't be selected!

I don't know if the following is a bug or just the way it's supposed to be:
I've the GT-AX6000 and on 5GHz on auto it's using U-NII-2c (should it be 2-ext?) with a 160MHz bandwidth (verified). All well and good on auto, but in the manual settings for that sub-band the only available selections are 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136 and 140. Is the option to select channels 120, 124, and 128 missing due to a limitation imposed by using 160MHz bandwidth?
So have the channel selection options have changed from 386.6 to 386.7? The only 160MHz block available in Band B (U-NII-2C) is channels 100 to 128.

Also when selecting channels 132, 136, or 140 the router will correctly (UK) allow 80MHz bandwidth covering channel 144 even though it can't be selected!
My (UK) RT-AX86U does include selectable channels 120 to 128, but doesn't include any combination that would include channels higher than 140 (as per EU regulations).

It will be released when it's ready. I was still making changes only a few hours ago.
The 386.7_1 version is working well for me. AX88U

Once again I cannot SSH into my AC86U running 386.7(_1).

A local attempt using a Pi that is connected to the router (wired) gives this error:

Code:
ssh: connect to host ac86u port 22: Connection refused

A remote attempt using Blink on a cellular iPad not connected to WiFi gives this error:

Code:
Error connecting to ac86u. authFailed(methods: [SSH.AuthAgent])

Both connection attempts use the same private key of which the public key is stored on the router. This key worked fine a few hours ago.

I can still ping the router. A reboot usually solves this, but I can’t do that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!