What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the changes significant enough to either stay on the original or the test version for IPV6 purposes?
Up to you. This also contains fixes for DNSFilter in IPv6 mode, and the dropbear PATH not being properly set by some SSH clients.

Code:
merlin@ubuntu-dev:~/amng$ git log --oneline 386.7..HEAD
d1340bd88e (HEAD -> master, origin/master) rc: dnsfilter: only filter FORWARD (remote) servers in IPv6
73cc5fd97a rc: allow IPv6 traffic through wireless guest networks
5a736a71c2 rc: query an IPv6 prefix of 0 (auto) rather than hardcoding it to 64 as default
33f0ed6ac4 rc: dnsfilter: workaround for IPv6 DNAT to router causing hw csum errors; a few other minor fixes
5812150656 rc: remove accidentally included patch file
03c7224a00 Merge pull request #818 from AdorableJiang/fix_JST
2621025767 openssl: updated to 1.1.1p
eddf5e9f42 dropbear: specify DEFAULT_ROOT_PATH that matches DEFAULT_PATH
ba5b23bffb Bump revision to 386.7_1
562861dde6 fix `JST` time zone error

Thanks for the reports concerning IPv6. However I'm mostly interested in hearing from people who had connectivity issue starting with 386.7 to see if the change fixes it for them or not. If your IPv6 was already working, then the changes won't affect that.

I'm seeing a brand new problem I've never seen before. After I login, if I let the screen sit idle for 15 seconds, it suddenly tries to reload the login page and gives me "You cannot login unless logout another user first."

I can hit BACK and then browse around the UI. But if I stop clicking for 15 seconds, it happens again.

FWIW, my IPv6 has been working fine.

With apologies if I am asking for something I should know (I've searched, but not found)
On my old and trusted RT-AC68U, I did a dirty upgrade from the previous version (386.5).
Recently I did a full and clean install of the previous version, after years of simply letting it run. So I checked for advice, tips, howtos etc, found nothing special.

All went well, everything seemed to be working just fine.

My attached USB device however has 'disappeared'- it is no longer recognized, even after multiple reboots and port changes. This USB was home to Diversion (via AMTM script)
A new USB worked fine, and Diversion quickly set up again, so no drama, but I found some references about how the USB should be safely ejected before installing an update.
I have not seen this procedure in the description, anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
(simple questions, such as do I have to physically remove the drive, or can I remotely eject it and let it re-mount after boot?)
I trust if I remove the disk, upgrade, and re-place the disk Diversion and other installed features continue to work?

Thanks for your patience and time!

With apologies if I am asking for something I should know (I've searched, but not found)
On my old and trusted RT-AC68U, I did a dirty upgrade from the previous version (386.5).
Recently I did a full and clean install of the previous version, after years of simply letting it run. So I checked for advice, tips, howtos etc, found nothing special.

All went well, everything seemed to be working just fine.

My attached USB device however has 'disappeared'- it is no longer recognized, even after multiple reboots and port changes. This USB was home to Diversion (via AMTM script)
A new USB worked fine, and Diversion quickly set up again, so no drama, but I found some references about how the USB should be safely ejected before installing an update.
I have not seen this procedure in the description, anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
(simple questions, such as do I have to physically remove the drive, or can I remotely eject it and let it re-mount after boot?)
I trust if I remove the disk, upgrade, and re-place the disk Diversion and other installed features continue to work?

Thanks for your patience and time!
As in your old USB. If it's still recognized on your PC and it still works after a reformat. Then it might've been corrupted. But for update . You don't need to do anything. I never do any unmounting or anything and it always works fine.. you only need to do that if you're being hit with an error that kinda let's you know that it doesn't have enough memory or something. But I've never needed to do anything. And even after upgrading. Amtm disk checker script log shows that it's fine aka it unmounted it gracefully it seems like

Are the connection issues people are experiencing only related to IPv6? In my country - a small scandinavian one - we only have IPv4, so I guess this doesn't affect me?

Are the connection issues people are experiencing only related to IPv6? In my country - a small scandinavian one - we only have IPv4, so I guess this doesn't affect me?
Yes you are fortunate. Some people live in countries where they are behind some form of double NAT, unless they use ipv6...

What IPv6 issues do these test builds resolve?

Some people in this thread (or the beta thread, I can't remember) said that they were no longer able to obtain an IPv6 from their ISP with 386.7.
@omrij & @Damit1 were having a problem with their ISP(Partner?), I think it might have been a PPPoE connection, they didn't provide many details.

Ok cool
I’ve had that issue for a while. Might try this build.
If you do can your provide some connection details about your ISPs IPv6 setup - name, wan prefix size & from the syslog the line that begins with "WAN Prefix Size Requested:".

Saying my ISP works or not is meaningless to help will problems unless you specify your ISP, as they can do IPv6 differently.

Yes you are fortunate. Some people live in countries where they are behind some form of double NAT, unless they use ipv6...
In the US plenty of providers using CGNAT. My provider does. And wont even provide static unless your a business customer. But thankfully I got grandfathered into my free static from years ago. Also my provider doesn't even have ipv6

Hello nordic friend.
Ipv4 works just fine and it should also be so for you, I live in Sweden and I have native IPv6 from my ISP.
The only issue is that you must know what network prefix your ISP are using for IPv6. (in my case 56)

Rock solid and pure Merlin....:)

In the US plenty of providers using CGNAT. My provider does. And wont even provide static unless your a business customer. But thankfully I got grandfathered into my free static from years ago. Also my provider doesn't even have ipv6
I live in the US and my provider gives me both an IP nonGCNAT and ipv6. My only complaint is lease renewal on the router sometimes causes hiccups to the connection.

Hello nordic friend.
Ipv4 works just fine and it should also be so for you, I live in Sweden and I have native IPv6 from my ISP.
The only issue is that you must know what network prefix your ISP are using for IPv6. (in my case 56)

Rock solid and pure Merlin....:)
Do you have Bahnhof?

down speed on AC68 in bridge mode is still an issue. Had to go back to john's fork to make it work again.

Anyone having issue with NTP sync after connecting to 386.7?

I did a dirty upgrade to 386.7 and none of ntpmerlin, connmon or skynet is working because NTP can't sync. I have been doing dirty upgrade for a while and this is the first time I am seeing this.

@omrij & @Damit1 were having a problem with their ISP(Partner?), I think it might have been a PPPoE connection, they didn't provide many details.

If you do can your provide some connection details about your ISPs IPv6 setup - name, wan prefix size & from the syslog the line that begins with "WAN Prefix Size Requested:".

Saying my ISP works or not is meaningless to help will problems unless you specify your ISP, as they can do IPv6 differently.
Hi
Actually it's DHCP/native and not PPPOE
I'll test it ASAP

Anyone having issue with NTP sync after connecting to 386.7?

I did a dirty upgrade to 386.7 and none of ntpmerlin, connmon or skynet is working because NTP can't sync. I have been doing dirty upgrade for a while and this is the first time I am seeing this.
I have also noticed it takes a bit longer than before with the latest release for NTP to sync (up to 2 minutes even after WAN connection is restored).

Do you have Bahnhof?
No, a rather small local ISP, Gavlenet.
They have had ipv6 for a long time.
I use an AC68 as AP and I installed an old AC66U, B1 as router a week ago for a daughter, Merlins latest and no problem with Ipv6 (except that you must know network prefix ie 56)

No, a rather small local ISP, Gavlenet.
They have had ipv6 for a long time.
I use an AC68 as AP and I installed an old AC66U, B1 as router a week ago for a daughter, Merlins latest and no problem with Ipv6 (except that you must know network prefix ie 56)
Ok, I'm using Bahnhof and testing native ipv6 working fine. I'm living In Alunda btw.

Is Cloudfare no longer in the list of DNS servers on WAN page? Should I switch to QUad9 (9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112)?

Does anyone run older(ac68U) in bridge mode and have low-speed issues?

Is Cloudfare no longer in the list of DNS servers on WAN page? Should I switch to QUad9 (9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112)?

Does anyone run older(ac68U) in bridge mode and have low-speed issues?
Cloudflare isn’t on the list. But if you enter it manually it shows up just like the pre configured ones. If you use the mobile app and set “safe browsing” per device (which is basically like DNSFilter) it actually uses Cloudflare for the malware filtering selection. If you want to use Cloudflare just enter it manually, there’s no issue with ASUS and Cloudflare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!