What's new

Best Inclass?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nogi

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,
Whats the current best in class ASUS router which has Merlin support that you can currently purchase?

Is it the AX86U Pro ? I am majorly due an upgrade and dont mind going overkill, was hoping some Prime deals might come up, but if not never mind.

My usecase
Big home, 40-50 devices connected on 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz, 1Gig WAN line, VPN server, Gaming Machines etc
I intend to repupose my old RT-AC68U as a Mesh router to assist on wifi across the property.

Appreciate this probably isnt the first psot asking but I couldnt sift throught the other threads and intiially see whats considered best in class currently.

Thank you

We updated our AC86 to GT-AX6000 (both w/ RMerlin Latest), and have zero issues with our home network. Typically move replaced router to AP position, as you are doing.

Another vote for the GT-AX6000. I purchased it for myself and have subsequently had 2 other relatives purchase it for themselves, based on my recommendation. It's a beast.

Thanks for responding both, So is the GT-AX6000 considered the flagship model currently? And better spec’s that the AX86U- Pro I am looking at?

No, flagship and best bang for the buck are two different things in this case. But that speaks more for the GT-AX6000 than against it.

The GT-AX6000 is a proven (over a year) product that has RMerlin firmware support that has proven stable, reliable, and high-performance. All in a hardware package that is one of Asus' more balanced (hardware) offerings.

For anything less than multi-gig (2.5GbE or lower, to be exact) WAN and LAN performance, the GT-AX6000 is unsurpassed today (and this is particularly true when it is on sale).

No, flagship and best bang for the buck are two different things in this case. But that speaks more for the GT-AX6000 than against it.

The GT-AX6000 is a proven (over a year) product that has RMerlin firmware support that has proven stable, reliable, and high-performance. All in a hardware package that is one of Asus' more balanced (hardware) offerings.

For anything less than multi-gig (2.5GbE or lower, to be exact) WAN and LAN performance, the GT-AX6000 is unsurpassed today (and this is particularly true when it is on sale).
Thank you for the detailed reply, it is appreciated.

Whats the current best in class ASUS router which has Merlin support that you can currently purchase?

You might get better assistance by posting in the appropriate sub-forum...

Asus has a dedicated group over there - just saying...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!