What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 Beta 1 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

no, all your version with older udpxy working well....so last version is 380.57...new version 380.58 has newest udpxy and here not working and with latest stock firmware also not working...that is not your fault....it is from asus side....

You're not reading what we're telling you. You ALSO had problems with the 380.58 alpha builds, which HAD the older udpxy. It has nothing to do with the udpxy version.

You're not reading what we're telling you. You ALSO had problems with the 380.58 alpha builds, which HAD the older udpxy. It has nothing to do with the udpxy version.
ok, if you think the udpxy nothing to do then something must be wrong with latest firmware code from asus....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

This means your have a program on 192.168.0.101 that forwarded a port through UPNP, but isn't accepting forwarded connections anymore.
That's my desktop and the program seems to be ESET firewall. Adding the router subnet to the trusted networks list solved the issue, thanks.

That's my desktop and the program seems to be ESET firewall. Adding the router subnet to the trusted networks list solved the issue, thanks.

Again its not a problem its just an information / feature. But nice to see you found a way to change this behaviour.

Oooops, you're right, just trying to figure out why my 68P never saw FA(flow accelerator) no matter what I do. I have a feeling FA is disabled from .57 up. This router came from the early Stock firmware to stock 376.3626 to Merlin's .57 and now B1 with NVRAM reset at each stages.

Not sure what to tell you. Not had one issue with FA not showing in Switch Control with this 1ghz 68U. My son in law has one too and it shows enabled on his.

I have the ac56r and the upgrade went good. did a reset and then went back and put ip monitoring to a flashdrive. hit apply and locked. had to do a nvram reset to get back into it. so if you have the ac56 do not do ip monitoring.
thanks for the upgrade tho as it really flies.

I can't reproduce it here. Make sure there isn't a problem with your USB disk.

I recently installed the beta (AC88U) everything seems fine except when I try to use Asus's WTFast GPN I get the following in my system log and doesn't seem to work.

Code:
Mar 16 22:12:21 rc_service: httpd 484:notify_rc start_wtfast
Mar 16 22:12:24 kernel: NF_TPROXY: Transparent proxy support initialized, version 4.1.0
Mar 16 22:12:24 kernel: NF_TPROXY: Copyright (c) 2006-2007 BalaBit IT Ltd.
Mar 16 22:12:26 wtfd[895]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:12:56 wtfd[974]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:13:26 wtfd[1048]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:13:56 wtfd[1125]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid
Mar 16 22:14:27 wtfd[1199]: Could not find gpnrd pid file at /var/run/gpnrd.pid

It continues about every 30 seconds, is this normal? Should I be concerned? It seems the CPU usage spike coincides with the message appearing in the log.

It does start normally for me. Make sure you did add a client to the rule list.

Otherwise, try disabling it, then remove any possible leftover files. Over SSH:

Code:
rm -rf /jffs/.wtfast
[/code

Then re-enable it.

Hello,

I just installed 380.58-beta 1 on my RT-AC5300. Functionality looks great so far.

I see some new messages in the logs about promiscuous mode that I have not seen in previous versions (confirmed after lengthy log review). In particular, there are two messages:
  • <date/time> kernel: device br0 entered promiscuous mode
  • <date/time> kernel: device br0 left promiscuous mode
These messages seem to pop up about every 9 minutes. Not sure what to make of these. I know what promiscuous mode is but I don't know why it would be needed.

Brian

Promiscuous mode is required due to the fact that br0 is a bridge. It's always been like that. Those log entries probably indicate that something on your router caused the LAN interface to be reconfigured, which leads to reconfiguring the bridge.

Although I have over 20 clients currently online on my RT-AC88U, when I click "View List" in the Clients box under Network Map, absolutely no clients appear - both under "All" and under "By Interface". This is true whether using IE, Firefox or Chrome. All the clients do appear in the "Client status" box, so I'm not sure why none of them appear in the View List pop-up. Subsequently, clicking "Export" from within the View List pop-up does absolutely nothing. Not sure if that is because the list is completely empty, or if its failure to do anything is a separate issue.

Promiscuous mode is required due to the fact that br0 is a bridge. It's always been like that. Those log entries probably indicate that something on your router caused the LAN interface to be reconfigured, which leads to reconfiguring the bridge.
Thanks. Glad it isn't anything nefarious.

Ok rolling back to previous one. Beta started acting up again.
03:23:05 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:23:24 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:23:25 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:23:26 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:23:27 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:23:28 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:23:29 kernel: printk: 3 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:23:30 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:00 kernel: printk: 6 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:00 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:01 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:02 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:02 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:03 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:04 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:05 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:09 kernel: printk: 3 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:09 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:16 kernel: printk: 11 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:16 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:20 kernel: printk: 8 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:20 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:27 kernel: printk: 10 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:27 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:30 kernel: printk: 5 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:30 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:35 kernel: printk: 11 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:35 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:40 kernel: printk: 5 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:40 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:45 kernel: printk: 6 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:45 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:50 kernel: printk: 10 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:50 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:55 kernel: printk: 10 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:55 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:24:59 kernel: printk: 2 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:24:59 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:25:05 kernel: printk: 11 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:25:05 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:25:10 kernel: printk: 10 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:25:10 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:25:15 kernel: printk: 10 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:25:15 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb.
Mar 19 03:25:20 kernel: printk: 8 messages suppressed.
Mar 19 03:25:20 kernel: ICMPv6 ND: __ndisc_send() failed to allocate an skb
Different message but my log is full of these now

*edit* back on 380.57 now. I flashed the beta and didn't change any settings last night and got a similar log of dnsmasq errors after some use. Around that time(and same tonight) i was watching netflix on my tablet, and went to look something up on my phone and noticed that i was having problems accessing any sites and checked the log. prior to this i was 100% stable for weeks on 380.57
bump

Not sure what to tell you. Not had one issue with FA not showing in Switch Control with this 1ghz 68U. My son in law has one too and it shows enabled on his.

Yes, I was surprised to see FA start working. It had been really flaky, but then at a particular firmware revision level it started being as solid as CTF, and has stayed that way with each new firmware version after that.

So I installed this beta on my RT-AC87U and I can log ito the router without issue and migrate from section to section until I click on the Administration/Firmware Update tab. It again asks for admin login and password, but when I type them in it says its the wrong login password.

tried several usb sticks and no matter which one as soon as I hit apply it freezes and locks. and have to nvram it via wps and power on. it sees the usb and does not report any errors before hand. maybe the usb 2 port is bad on it. I have had lots of problems with asus routers out of the box so it would not surprise me. I just use it as a router and firewall everything else is turned off. I tried win32 file system ext ,ext 2 ,ext 4 and it freezes no matter what. may pickup a usb 3 stick and try that port.
thanks for the info
jack

I can't reproduce it here. Make sure there isn't a problem with your USB disk.

tried several usb sticks and no matter which one as soon as I hit apply it freezes and locks. and have to nvram it via wps and power on. it sees the usb and does not report any errors before hand. maybe the usb 2 port is bad on it. I have had lots of problems with asus routers out of the box so it would not surprise me. I just use it as a router and firewall everything else is turned off. I tried win32 file system ext ,ext 2 ,ext 4 and it freezes no matter what. may pickup a usb 3 stick and try that port.
thanks for the info
jack

You can plug a USB 2.0 drive on the USB 3.0 port, the port is backward compatible.

Although I have over 20 clients currently online on my RT-AC88U, when I click "View List" in the Clients box under Network Map, absolutely no clients appear - both under "All" and under "By Interface". This is true whether using IE, Firefox or Chrome. All the clients do appear in the "Client status" box, so I'm not sure why none of them appear in the View List pop-up. Subsequently, clicking "Export" from within the View List pop-up does absolutely nothing. Not sure if that is because the list is completely empty, or if its failure to do anything is a separate issue.

FYI, this works fine on my RT-AC68U as well as the Export button. Now, I do only have 2 wired clients currently: my PC and TV. Do they show in the Tools section at the bottom?

I have the AC68U (converted Tmobile AC1900) and I have started I flashed to this recent beta coming from Johns fork. I did a factory reset and NVRAM clear via WPS button method. I have issues with the 2.4 Wireless dropping some clients after an hour or so, the 5.8 clients stay connected fine.
2) Also after a while I can't access the router admin page on a browser either wired or wireless. Power cycling the router lets me have access to the admin page again, and fixes the 2.4 mhz connections again for a bit.

3) My wired Samsung laser is waking up every 20 mins or so by itself.

I had tried Johns fork previously but the 2.4 Mhz connection was weak on 374.43. I get faster connection and speeds still with my old NT16 Running Tomato. (which is not on when I'm testing out the AC68U)

Can anyone suggest a stable build for the 2.4 Mhz connection? Really like Merlins slick interface compared to tomato.
I think the web and IP monitoring cause the router to be unstable, I've seen this behavoir with some Tomato builds.

FYI, this works fine on my RT-AC68U as well as the Export button. Now, I do only have 2 wired clients currently: my PC and TV. Do they show in the Tools section at the bottom?

I just updated to the full release of 380.58_0, and it still is not working at all. I have Wired, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz clients. Absolutely none of them are showing up. I should note that all of my network clients have Manually Assigned IP addresses - I wonder if that has anything to do with it? As I said before, I see all the clients listed in the Client status area to the right, and the correct totals are listed in the Network section of the Tools > Sysinfo page. I also see the wireless clients on the System Log > Wireless Log page. The only thing not working at all appears to be the Network Map > View List button.

I just updated to the full release of 380.58_0, and it still is not working at all. I have Wired, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz clients. Absolutely none of them are showing up. I should note that all of my network clients have Manually Assigned IP addresses - I wonder if that has anything to do with it? As I said before, I see all the clients listed in the Client status area to the right, and the correct totals are listed in the Network section of the Tools > Sysinfo page. I also see the wireless clients on the System Log > Wireless Log page. The only thing not working at all appears to be the Network Map > View List button.

Make sure your network is a /24. Asus's networkmap does not handle larger subnets.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!