What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of you using Aimesh in the latest Beta1 firmware?
Wondering because when I tried opanvpn, wireguard and ftp stopped responding from the wan side.
Added the Aimesh node with Lan cable and according to the master node it worked, which it did.

other than asus completely reworking how ssl certificates work in 24353, what else is new in this gpl? I tried googling for it, but came up with nothing. Would be nice to kmow what else is changed or fixed.
This is changelog for 3.0.0.4.388_24328 which is the closest to 24353 i've found. For sure is not exaustive:

Version 3.0.0.4.388_24328
2023/12/07

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Fixed v6plus related issues.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Added MTU setting for WireGuard client.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.
- Fixed connection in load-balance mode when both WANs have static IPs.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.

Oh this is nice, they (ASUS) finally got it right; after importing this new Certificate (in Authorities) into Mozilla (Waterfox for me), no need anymore to add as Exception (in Servers)!!

1000109683.jpg
1000109685.jpg

11 days uptime, 6 days Radio 160Mhz uptime
Preparing here for stable release

Anyone one got stuff rebooting automatically? A single RT-AX88U.
Back on a wiped router, with SSH turned on, VPNs done, split 2.4/5 GHz SSID, DDNS and DoT setup. Leaving it without adding Skynet or Diversion and will run it for some time.
Think I recall it working just fine until I added Diversion. Never used before, but decided to try it out.
I could see stuff dropping like every 30 minutes or so (including wired). Logs didn't show much other than it looked like a reboot, but not taking just as long time.
The issues I had before seems to not be happening again. Have been enabling things step by step.
I may have forgotten to wipe JFFS last wipe. Maybe that could have been a reason.

The issues I had before seems to not be happening again. Have been enabling things step by step.
I may have forgotten to wipe JFFS last wipe. Maybe that could have been a reason.
How do you wipw JFFS?

CC

Wondering because when I tried opanvpn, wireguard and ftp stopped responding from the wan side.
Added the Aimesh node with Lan cable and according to the master node it worked, which it did.
Yes, AX88 and two AX86 with OpenVPN, WireGuard and IPsec (because Wife had has a new ROG Windows 11 Laptop and it's native, simpler for her to use 🤷‍♂️) severs all active and working and all services too.
1705688329654.png
1705688498135.png

Last edited:
How do you wipw JFFS?

CC
If you want to have a clean start from scratch, checking this box is enough most of the times:

factory_reset.jpg

ps.: do not reload any saved settings after the restore, you need to set up everything manually again

AX68U is rock solid and coming up to 6 days up time. NO complaints from the kids or wife unit. Thought the AX68U has never give me any problems no matter the version.

I use a GT-AX6000 for master and a RT-AX88U as the node. I connect with a hard wire from the 2.5gb ax6000 port the wan port on the AX88u. I have a dsl service and do not use any vlan`s currently. I do not use any scripts as well. Well, let me correct myself. I use Cake and have excellent results with it. The latest beta is working great. Been on it since the second day of the lease.

Yes, AX88 and two AX86 with OpenVPN, WireGuard and IPsec (because Wife had has a new ROG Windows 11 Laptop and it's native, simpler for her to use 🤷‍♂️) severs all active and working and all services too.
View attachment 55730View attachment 55731
Thanks for your reply.
My servers start as they should, the problem is that the clients do not connect, reach the servers.
Have you tried connecting clients to openvpn and wireguard servers?

Thanks for your reply.
My servers start as they should, the problem is that the clients do not connect, reach the servers.
Have you tried connecting clients to openvpn and wireguard servers?
Yes, WireGuard/IPsec (phone/Laptop) and OpenVPN/IPsec (phone/Laptop), WireGuard/OpenVPN (his & her phones). I did the IPsec config after I configured the Laptop I updated to the beta. Double check your configs for the servers and the logs to see why the clients aren't connecting. VPN Logs will tell you why, helped me a lot with Win11 client and IPsec configuration on Win11.

My suggestion is to start a sepate thread on this and post the logs on the clients attemping to connect and failing for the detail needed to get some better help out of forum, but it does't it doesn't look like it's the beta causing you issue.

I did find a problem with the VPN boot up sequence. Seems VPN 1 doesn't initialize completely. I had to restart VPN 1 to initialize completely. I've attached the system log edited to explain what's going on and my settings CFG file minus password renamed to txt for testing purposes.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Settings_RT-AX86U.txt
    80 KB · Views: 18
I did find a problem with the VPN boot up sequence. Seems VPN 1 doesn't initialize completely. I had to restart VPN 1 to initialize completely. I've attached the system log edited to explain what's going on and my settings CFG file minus password renamed to txt for testing purposes.
Remove your addons and test again.

I forward the system log to a Raspberry Pi and its /var/log/syslog and /var/log/user.log files are flooded with errors
If I want to investigate this further, is there a specific service I can restart instead of rebooting the router?

(since the "Apply" button does not seem to do anything)

If I want to investigate this further, is there a specific service I can restart instead of rebooting the router?

(since the "Apply" button does not seem to do anything)
You can run service restart_logger

Did not need to restart the service (yet?), because I discovered that wlceventd is dumping (a lot of) binary data in the syslog, which rsyslog on the Raspberry Pi obviously does not like.

I worked around that using Scribe and a filter that filters the binary data (`dump_data`) from the log. So far this seems to help.

Since I can't find any references to "wlceventd" or "dump_data" in the sources, I guess this is a closed source component?

Since I can't find any references to "wlceventd" or "dump_data" in the sources, I guess this is a closed source component?
Yes.
Code:
# strings /usr/sbin/wlceventd | grep dump
bcmdumpfields
dump data (%d)
dump_data

Status
Not open for further replies.